• Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

^^Searches ExplorerForum.com^^

Diesel Swap

trucking45

Reaction score
City, State
Salem, Or
Year, Model & Trim Level
97 Ranger XLT 4x4
So in the coming years I plan on putting a Cummins 4BT in my Ranger. Has anyone done this? Are there some things to look out for besides the obvious? I plan on keeping this truck til the day I die as it has a lot of sentimental value to me. So I'm purely doing this just to make it my own.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 per year. Gets rid of the ads! New $5 per month "try out" option.

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create and save more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

RangerX

Elite Ranger
Staff member
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Omao, Kauai
Year, Model & Trim Level
'93 Ranger XLT 4X4
It gets mentioned a lot, but it seems nobody has done it, at least on this forum. I don't even see a writeup in the Ranger Station tech library.
When you start on it, there will be lots of interest here I'm sure!

trucking45

Reaction score
City, State
Salem, Or
Year, Model & Trim Level
97 Ranger XLT 4x4
It's a dream of mine so I will definitely do it just a matter of when sadly

SoHK_alumni

Reaction score
City, State
Tampa, FL
Year, Model & Trim Level
5.0 V8 2002 Ranger
The 4BT has been swapped into the Ranger fairly often -- think "The Ranger Station" has the largest Ranger specific 4BT, but there are 4BT and other diesel swap sites that have plenty of info as well.