• Register Today It's free!

difference between 92 and 95?

Rangersphinx

Reaction score
City, State
South Dakota
Year, Model & Trim Level
88 ranger
sorry to bother you guys from the real questions... but i'm looking for a 91-94 explorer not the 95+ how do you tell the difference between the two model from the outside? the reason i ask is cuz i here that the 92 area has a simpler wireharness than the 95+. and i want the 4.0 to go into my 88 ranger.. thanks alot Sphinx

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

1995+ Explorers have rounded lights like so:
ford_explorer.jpg

1991-1994 Explorers have a rectangular headlight like so:
26413.jpg

There are very few but there are a few 95's that look like a 91-94 explorer don't know if those 95's that look like a first gen share the same wiring harnes as a 91-94 or not. And Welcome To The Forum!

is all the 4x4 s the same? didnt the 95+ go with the allwheel drive

No, AWD was only offered with the V8 explorer which wasn't produced until 1996. Some people call the 97+ Explorer 4.0 4X4 awd's just because the 4wd kicks in and out on its own but the 4.0 isn't AWD.

The 95s have a better trans than the Gen Is (91-94), and the 95s don't have radius arm bushings, which is a good thing.

is all the 4x4 s the same? didnt the 95+ go with the allwheel drive

I have a 95 4.0 and it is not all wheel drive. I don't think I would like it if it did have it.

well first off thanks, scond the reason that i asked is cuz like you said some 95's look like the first gen and that was what threw me off... thanks again... soon i will be putting up pics of my ranger as i go.

Yeah, and those 95's that look like the first gen, I would imagine would have the OBDI setup not the OBDII since it don't have the air bags and all that stuff.

will the motor from a 95+ with a 4.ol EFI fit a 93 with the 4.ol

Back