DIFFERENCE BETWEEN MODELS | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

DIFFERENCE BETWEEN MODELS

i think you got the limited here we only get 2 models xlt (cloth) limited (leather, sun roof,climate control) etc

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I am guessing your's is an xlt, why?, paint scheme, chrome grill, interior differences may be due to it being a european model, like the floor shifter. There is a german site I have visited, and have seen some ex's that I didn't recoqnize.

Hmmm. crankcase, you seem to know a lot about the first gens, so ive got a question for ya. (or anyone else who knows) I have no idea what model mine is. The seats arent original, but they are EB leather power without the motors. The dash trim is black, and the dash is tan. Sunroof, power everything, auto hubs, roof rack, no foglights or ground effects. Its been repainted dark blue, and it had a gold pin stripe that i removed. any idea guys?

So you guys are saying that XLTs come with chromed grilles? My XLT has a color matched grille.

My 95 XLT has the chrome grill which I've painted the center black, since the silver had faded to the plastic.

Amazing that Krylon has stayed put for a year with no peeling or fading and facing lots of road miles.

Originally posted by Warform
So you guys are saying that XLTs come with chromed grilles? My XLT has a color matched grille.

im pretty sure there talking about first generation explorers.

Ya know it's funny. There's a "Southern Edition" Explorer driving around my town and have never seen any others. Looks stock, has two tone color including black w/ a tan bottom.

I have seen this lady driving it for years and i actually know where she lives now. Just really never took any thought to it....

Anyone know what i'm talking about?

Back