Difference in 3.5L exhaust manifolds | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Difference in 3.5L exhaust manifolds

SV2

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2013 Explorer, base model
I have a 2013 base model explorer with a 3.5L w/o turbo, 69,000 miles. The radiator/front manifold has a 1 inch crack in it and I am attempting to replace with an aftermarket part.

The problem I am having is there seems to be different manifolds for the same engine. (I do not have California emissions). From my research there are two ID numbers, BT43-AE thru AH and DA83-BA. The ID number on my manifold is DA83-5G232-B, I’m assuming that it falls in with the second ID number, but wanted to double check before ordering a new one.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

So you need to replace the radiator and the exhaust manifold?

Here are the OEM part #s. Just have to matchup build date and tow or no tow package.

Screenshot_20171229-120305.png

Screenshot_20171229-120300.png

Screenshot_20171229-120204.png

So you need to replace the radiator and the exhaust manifold?

I think what SV2 is saying that it's the manifold on the front(nearest the radiator).
EDIT: after reading the original post again, I might be wrong....but it would be interesting that both have a 1" crack.

@SV2, can you post a picture of the crack?

I think what SV2 is saying that it's the manifold on the front(nearest the radiator).
EDIT: after reading the original post again, I might be wrong....but it would be interesting that both have a 1" crack.

@SV2, can you post a picture of the crack?

Yes, I was confused on what exactly he was referring to. That's why I figured I'd post both areas for him to cross reference if he wants to go aftermarket.

Welcome to the Forum SV2.:wave:
A picture, if possible, is always a good thing to use for issues like this.

Peter

Genuine Ford Mnfd W/Converter DA8Z-5G232-C | eBay

This is the front manifold for a base 3.5 I just replaced one on my 15. And when you buy the gasket if you go to. auto zone you have 3 choices a walker . Oem ford . Or a felpro the felpro is far far far more superior of a gasket than even the oem one.

Thanks for all of the reply’s, I’ll get a pic of the crack when I can.

Yes just the manifold is cracked, sorry about the confusion.

Back