• Register Today It's free!

Difference in body lifts?

Explodersport

Reaction score
City, State
Chesterfield, Virginia
Year, Model & Trim Level
'00 Sport
alright, buying a 3" BL, checking on summit and noticed 2 lifts for the 98-00 ranger. the PRA-PA-883, which most people seem to have and then there was the SUM-7888300, which is summits own version of the PA lift kit. Is there a difference in these kits? I got a 00 sport and I want this to go as smoothly as possible. Lemme know what you guys think

Also, why did summit find it necessary to name their kit the 7800000000000000? got me on that one :confused:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I haven't heard of anyone using the summit kit. Not saying it isn't good or isn't similar, but with the PA kit you know what you should get, and know what others had to do to make it work. I would just try and get the PA kit if you can. That way you know what'll need to be done.

-Drew

be weary of the steering extention. im not sure how things work with your model year, but plan on buying a whole new steering shaft. Reason being, the steering extention is sorta a bunk way of going about extending the steering... creates a lot of problems and ultimatly can be very unsafe.

You will know what im talking about when you go 60 down the highway.

havent heard of anyone having a problem with the extension from all the write-ups Ive read on my model, but I dunno, maybe someone else can chime in on that.

Alright, I got the Summit lift for 2 reasons, 1. I am a glutton for punishment. 2. If it works, its like $30 cheaper than the PA lift, so it could be a good buy for another newbie on a tight budget. So, my question is anyone out there have pics of the parts from a PA kit or at least the steering extension and bumper brackets so I can see if those are at least the same?

Back