CheapThrillEX

Reaction score
City, State
Middleville, MI (Gun Lake)
Year, Model & Trim Level
93 Explorer Sport
just upgraded my 5.5 superlift with Skyjacker
SarahsHaircut006.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

wow. I didnt think that there was that much differance between superlift and the skyjacker lift kit.

how old are those suprlift drop brackets. The ones I just got rid of look a lot different then those.

no idea, bought the middle brackets used from the 4-sale section here

wow. I didnt think that there was that much differance between superlift and the skyjacker lift kit.

Thats why the Skyjacker is $$$ compared to Superlift..

really? I thought they were priced about the same? But then I have not priced them in years...I know the Superlift TTB kits got alot cheaper in recent years.....the Skyjacker kits have gotten harder to find not sure if they still make them or not?

Looks like the SJ bracket for the pass beam is cast? Nice...I thought they were welded plate.... I love my 2" Duff brackets, they have taken everything I have thrown at them.....

really? I thought they were priced about the same? But then I have not priced them in years...I know the Superlift TTB kits got alot cheaper in recent years.....the Skyjacker kits have gotten harder to find not sure if they still make them or not?

Looks like the SJ bracket for the pass beam is cast? Nice...I thought they were welded plate.... I love my 2" Duff brackets, they have taken everything I have thrown at them.....

The pass beam is cast just like the OEM bracket... skyjacker doesn't advertise any explorer lift kits anymore... You just need to put in "Ranger" lift instead.. must be some liability thing.. Funny thing is the manual still indicates "Explorer/Ranger" 4-6" lift...

SarahsHaircut004.jpg

well if you guys run across any good used 2" drop brackets for a 95 ranger 4x4 with factory lift i am looking for the ones for my axles and radius arms...so i can get my wheels back to alignment...thanks...

cheapthrillx....can you do me a favor and measure your passenger side stock and your superlift bracket from where it mounts to the frame to where the bolt goes into the axle arm??? please??? i am wondering if i have stock brackets or if they are 2" drop already and i actually need 4" drop brackets...also, i notice your lift brackets have 2 sets of holes, 4" and 5"???hmmm,:scratch: what are you doing with your old brackets? and did you change your radius arm bracket???

the top brackets may or may not find their way on my DD, and the middle brackets are currently on my buddies B2, nd i buil extended radius arms so i don't have the lift brackets for the arms, i cut those up and modified them to work with 2001 E150 radius arm brackets for the arms

just look at your pass drop bracket, if its just that stock cast peice and looks just like the top left without the plate, then thats stock. Unless you have a STX ranger which then i beleive those came with a factory 2" kit on them,

yes, like i said, mine came with the 2 1/2" factory lift...thats why i am just looking for some help for the measurement...so if i had your stock bracket vs your superlift bracket would help me....thanks

Back