different emblems | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

different emblems

Hey guys I have a quick question, I have a 94 xlt and the emblem on the back hatch looks fine but this summer when my friend rolled his I took his Explorer XLT from his 95, which in my opinion looks nicer.
I dont know if my emblem has the posts that go into the hacth, but his did (little posts) and i dont want to take mine off if the posts wont match up. If mine does not have any posts I can just take it off and cut the posts off of the other one, but I dont want to take it off to find out I cant use the other one. Can someone point me in the right direction on this? Thanks in advance, Jon

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

mine fell off one day while washing it and it had two posts that match two holes in the hatch (94 Sport)

Worse come to worse, cut the studs off and stick it on there :thumbsup:

-Drew

Thanks for the info guys, I will do this today and take some pics to show the difference, any ideas if the fishing line trick will work? and what kind of tape or glue should i use to mount the new one?

I havent done it yet because I havent figured out which adhesive to use? any thoughts?.

The holes will line up except you will have to cut one of the posts off the 95 Emblem. The 95+ gate has one Extra hole that the 94 didnt have. I found that out on my 95 gate swap on my 92.

use that stuff i seen the commercial for. the guy redid his bathroom and glued the deer head into the shower.. i bet something like that would work. "not that you should, but you could" <--- what the commercial says.

I put on the newer explorer xlt emblem today and I am ashamed in the condition of my paint on the hatch. When I took off the emblem the paint was soooooo shiney and had such a nice glossyness to it =( well anyway the new emblem looks great!! Ill take pics soon.

when i peeled my pinstripe off, it kind of looked like a ghost pin stripe (except it didnt look good). due to the scratches and 8 years of paint fade, there was quiet a defference. you can still see where the stripe was, but taking the truck offroad and scratching it up more helped blend it in.

3M Super Trim Adhesive, enough said.
I use that stuff for all sorts of junk, it dries clear and holds forever, my side markers, Eddie Bauer emblem and Ford ovals are all held on with it.

I have also used Pep Boys brand "Pit Crews Choice" trim adhesive, it works well too, but if you can find the 3m stuff, use it.

Back