Difficulty removing Fuel Injectors (Images) | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Difficulty removing Fuel Injectors (Images)

keepthecoffeeon

Reaction score
City, State
Phoenix, AZ
Year, Model & Trim Level
1999 Ford Explorer Sport
What's up guys, it's been a while since I've posted.

I recently had to replace my alternator and since I was under the hood and I had a vacuum leak in my upper intake manifold I decided to change it out for a new one. Needless to say one thing lead to another and since I had the upper intake manifold off I figured why not work my way down to the lower intake and change those gaskets as well as check the fuel injectors, etc.

I got 4 of the six fuel injectors off, two came off when I pulled the fuel rail the others I had to wiggle out but it wasn't difficult. The remaining 2 are stuck and I for the life of me cannot get them out, I've wiggled, I've pulled, my biggest fear is breaking one of them off. I posted pictures so you can see what I'm working with. I'm hoping for suggestions. :dunno:

The engine and around the fuel injectors was very dirty and a few of the areas around the injectors had about an inch of dirt caked around them. I blame getting my engine muddy over the years and my neglect of not keeping it as clean as I should. o_O

I also managed to break one of the clips on two fuel injector connectors... :banghead:

Fuel%20Injector%202_zpszdbfsca4.jpg

Fuel%20Injectors_zpscmghy6jo.jpg

Fuel%20Rail_zpsonkd9qxt.jpg

Fuel%20Injector%20Connector_zpsbybq1arx.jpg

Back