Digger get BL on 95X! | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Digger get BL on 95X!

HokieBert- My setup in that pic is a 3"bl, TT, 4 door leafs with add-a-leafs. The tires are 33x10.5s. I now have 33x12.5s.
Dead Link Removed

I have a Superlift on order right now (received one of two boxes). I am doing a SOA for the rear. I am really wanting 35"s to go with my 4.56s. I like my suspension a little stiffer than stock. I may use the TT to get an extra inch. I would then have 8" of combined lift.

That is my Dad's XJ and it seems lower than most others. I am thinking it needs a nice little 3" lift! ;)

Ok, just wanted to reply. I don't want to get this off topic for Digger.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I am gone for a week and David your Explorer grows! That looks good man, no we have to work on planning or trip to Uwharrie as soon as I get in touch with the guys who made the sliders :D Congrats man!

New Pics

8818lift1.jpg

8818lift4.jpg

8818lift5.jpg

8818lift6.jpg

8818lift7.jpg

8818lift8.jpg

8818lift9.jpg

8818lift2.jpg

8818lift13.jpg

8818lift12.jpg

8818lift11.jpg

hope ya enjoy. the rear bumper will be lifted hopefully tomorrow night or the night after that. i couldn't get the front bumper perfect but oh well.

3/8" thick! just like the rear ones!

for the brush guard i'm going to get a friend down the street to cut the bottom off and weld a 6" piece spacer so it'll match up. you'll see how it's going to turn out.

I found an easy way to make the front bumper straight is to use A LOT of washers on the PA bracket's bolts. The reason the bumper is at an angle is because there are some tabs on the bottom of the bumper for the air dam that angle toward and are hitting the frame. So you can cut off the tabs, or cut your frame, or user washers. I found it took about 16 1/2" washers but the nuts still tightened on with enough thread for it to be secure. (As secure as a bumper can be with flimsy bumper brackets). You'll want to get a bunch of washers for the rear also if you dont want to notch your bumper for the frame. Hope this helps. Btw, your truck looks great. That's a lot of tools in the back :P

sweet! if it starts to bother me i'll fix it but for now i think it looks fine.

thanks for the tip and the complement

Originally posted by rafar99
I found an easy way to make the front bumper straight is to use A LOT of washers on the PA bracket's bolts.

I did the same thing.

Originally posted by Lifted95X
I did the same thing.

Same here, but now it looks as if my bumper is pushed forward about 1", oh well, not that many people notice

Ahh David, just spend the couple extra bucks and get one of CoryLs sweet prerunner tube bumpers! ;)

rear bumper is lifted!

there will be better pictures tomorrow
8818rear.jpg

8818rear2.jpg

8818rear3.jpg

that tow hook use to be right under the bumper. it was moved up a whole lot!

David, the X looks good!!! So all that is left is the brush guard, am I correct?? Before the body lift, you only had AAL, WAR153, and TT right?? Keep up the great work. :)

yep the brush guard should be on by sunday i'm hoipping. depends when my neighbor will let me get in the shop with him.

a little fix is get the front bumper flat. by adding washers.

Please pos pics of your bracketry or whatever that you'll do to raise the brushguard. My 2" BL has been ordered, so I'll do the same thing as you in about a month. :D

cool man. any questiopns just PM me.

thanks guys! i put 4 washersin and it fixed the problem.

i hammered the stock bolts out and used 2.5" bolts and it leved up just fine!

pics up tomorrow of the totally finished bodylift!

Originally posted by Digger196
thanks guys! i put 4 washersin and it fixed the problem.

i hammered the stock bolts out and used 2.5" bolts and it leved up just fine!

pics up tomorrow of the totally finished bodylift!

Hammered the bolts out of... the bumper?

Pics Pics! :D

yeah, they had this tough washer thing on them that held them onto the bumper. hard to explane it biut you''ll see when you do the bumper.

Truck looks good but it makes me think of a new genre of 4x4 rice. Too many goofy stickers and those rediculous (no pun intended) nutz.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back