Digger get BL on 95X! | Page 4 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Digger get BL on 95X!

the gorilla glue it still drying with clamps on the bumper. also have to paint. it rained yesaterday and couldn't get pics. sorry.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Originally posted by Digger196
the gorilla glue it still drying with clamps on the bumper. also have to paint. it rained yesaterday and couldn't get pics. sorry.

what the heck are you using gorilla glue with on a BL?

The glue holds the brush guard to the frame!:p

Looks good Dave.

you know that plastic piece abpove the rear bumper? well that POS is like this on the bumper \ and i glued that baby down. hopefully tonight i can get the brush guard extended. dunno though.

8818a.jpg

rear bracket

8818c.jpg

8818d.jpg

8818e.jpg

the side i gorilla gluded down!

8818f.jpg

Lookin' good. Is that rear bumper bracket just a rectangle with 4 holes drilled in it? Can't wait to see how you raise the brush guard!

yes that is correct. it's the only on the forum.

man that rear bumper looks 10x better when its even! ;)

haha yep. you know how it looks man.

Im not getting how you did the rear bumper. Im stuck on this part on my BL right now. can you explain how you did the rear bumper for me a little better..

take this to a machine shop and get them to make that for you outa 1/4" - 3/8" steel plate. that's all there is to it and buy 4 new bolts and nuts and a few washers and your set.

this is the design i used.

Attachments

• 1097rear_bumper_lift_brackets.jpg
    1097rear_bumper_lift_brackets.jpg
    21.7 KB · Views: 474

Thanks alot. Youve been a great help.

Just a note... for that bracket, the distance between the holes should be 3" for a 3" BL. David, your brackets had a 2" distance between the holes right?

Does anyone know where the pic is that I think CBoug drew up for the 3" rear bumper lift brackets.

nope. that was the bracket i used. the 3" BL bracket will work for a 2" BL. but i also kept the stock brushing in so that might play a deal with it. try it with the 3" first and see how high it is. it should work.

the brackets for a 3" BL for the front worked so why wouldn't the rear.

if that doesn't work than make it a distance of 2". the steel is dirt cheap so go big first!

i know others have done it the way i have so trust me on this one.

Texplorer - that's the picture.

I agree with the previous post. The BL looks nice but your ex would look much cleaner if you lost the goofy stickers and nuts. 'off road edition' just looks a little lame. But keep up the good lift work.

Who cares what peeps think... If ya like the NutZ and stickers then keep 'em. Dont listen to the masses for they are stupid.

nutz, and stickers are staying. i hate ppl asking questions of what i have and don;t and it is easier for them to see the sticker and not ask!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Originally posted by Digger196
nutz, and stickers are staying. i hate ppl asking questions of what i have and don;t and it is easier for them to see the sticker and not ask!

So I guess you must have a 4X4 then? I would have never guessed without that sticker...(The only lame sticker IMO)

Back