• Register Today It's free!

Digital Compass not compassing!

Ironmanxlt

Reaction score
City, State
Williamsport, Ohio
Year, Model & Trim Level
2002 XLT
Hey guys, I have an 02 Explorer with a dash compass. It only shows s or sw no matter what heading I am going. I just bought this truck and am trying to work out all of the kinks. So far you all have helped awsomely.

any thoughts on my latest problem. It is not really a big deal but if anyone knows anything about them let me know. thanks:salute:

Hey guys, I have an 02 Explorer with a dash compass. It only shows s or sw no matter what heading I am going. I just bought this truck and am trying to work out all of the kinks. So far you all have helped awsomely.

any thoughts on my latest problem. It is not really a big deal but if anyone knows anything about them let me know. thanks:salute:

I've had this issue in the past, I reset the compass itself (small reset hole under your mirror) it faces your dash. then you have to drive in a circle 3 times (so the manual says) and it fixed my issue..good luck

the clusters are commn for wiring shorts, mine also does this and also has a mind of its own for dimming half lit up

Back