Jade Pearl Update/Build Log | Page 9 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Jade Pearl Update/Build Log

Oh and I never got around to posting the switch setup, 5 position switch below the cargo light, I'll be adding the rest of the positions later on, at least the rear ones tonight I hope!
Hope to get that top switch hooked up eventually too, the project I had planned for it has been on hold for way too long

one mans trash is another treasure
YES! Used to go dumpster diving, cant believe the crap you'll find sometimes!

20230206_140315.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

one mans trash is another treasure
Exactly. There is tons of support for the duramax, wiring harnesses that need 3 wires to make it run and it fits where a ford 4.6 will.

Exactly. There is tons of support for the duramax, wiring harnesses that need 3 wires to make it run and it fits where a ford 4.6 will.
which dirtymax? the LML? if it fits where a 4.6 will......

Dont start, someone will try to fit in an X! Though, I cant lie, that would be pretty cool lol

Dont start, someone will try to fit in an X! Though, I cant lie, that would be pretty cool lol
thats my point someone put a 7.3 in a 3g so who says a LML no fit?

thats my point someone put a 7.3 in a 3g so who says a LML no fit?
Oh I'd bet, and the sucker would lift the X off the ground ever time they went to take off! lol

LBZ is pre emissions. I looked at it as an option for the jeep liberty diesel I own. I've opted on a Cat engine. Not sure if I want an Allison or T56 transmission. The duramax would fit that engine bay if I got creative with the brake lines, booster and other abs junk. People have swapped the 4.7 Mopar V8 in which is slightly smaller than the d-max. I would like to see a 1st Gen explorer with a duramax diesel.

LBZ is pre emissions. I looked at it as an option for the jeep liberty diesel I own. I've opted on a Cat engine. Not sure if I want an Allison or T56 transmission. The duramax would fit that engine bay if I got creative with the brake lines, booster and other abs junk. People have swapped the 4.7 Mopar V8 in which is slightly smaller than the d-max. I would like to see a 1st Gen explorer with a duramax diesel.
I'd pick the allison, never heard a single bad thing about 'em, some tough trannies! Dont know much about the T56. First or second gen X with a duramax would certainly be awesome! And I thought me wanting to fit a 383 in a second gen was decently big, that would put me to shame! lol

My friend put a Nissan sd33 diesel in a 67 C10. He used the original sm465 transmission and man was it slow. 90 hp downhill with a tailwind.

My friend put a Nissan sd33 diesel in a 67 C10. He used the original sm465 transmission and man was it slow. 90 hp downhill with a tailwind.
Oh jeez, that's depressing, it was from a nissan though lol

Oh jeez, that's depressing, it was from a nissan though lol
Not many choices when he did the swap back in 76. He wanted a 2 stroke Detroit but the ones that would fit made less power than the Nissan.

LOL theres a reason it wasnt in anything bigger than one of those 510 pickups or whatever (at least imo looks like a510 idk)

LOL theres a reason it wasnt in anything bigger than one of those 510 pickups or whatever (at least imo looks like a510 idk)
The scout used the engine for a few years

The scout used the engine for a few years
nevermind, wasnt aware of that. wait the how did that sout move??? is it the trans?

nevermind, wasnt aware of that. wait the how did that sout move??? is it the trans?
As anemic as anything else from that Era. Leaves a lot to be desired

Well, I screwed up the connection for the front lights while doing so, not that I care too much since they worked like crap. But I've got the other reverse lights on and hooked up! Finally have some lights on their own switch back there that I can use on tailgaters! Work real nice, especially paired with the other two!

Main bit is done now. Though I now need to find some new front lights, looking at some white and amber ones that also have an emergency flasher setting built in which would be nice

20230206_173343.jpg 20230206_173801.jpg 20230206_205329.jpg 20230206_205321.jpg 20230206_205314.jpg PicsArt_02-06-09.12.50.jpg PicsArt_02-06-09.09.40.jpg PicsArt_02-06-09.11.24.jpg PicsArt_02-06-09.12.05.jpg

Progress on the four corner mod, doing it differently than most, just making the lower set also fit up top rather than modifying the top ones to hold a socket that still may not leave enough room for an led.. Would be further along, but I need more hardware and the ones I ordered are too small, guessing from the older grille style. So I have to nab another set and wait longer, take a junkyard trip soon to nab some hardware and a second light socket for the other side, but the idea is there, and the one side is pretty much how it should be since I had the one spare from the old set. May have to modify more than I expected to work properly, but shouldnt be anything too major.

20230209_132800.jpg 20230209_130545.jpg

One not exactly planned upgrade is now officially in my hands! An RC 6" lift kit someone needed to get rid of, so its mine now for cheap! Bigger than I planned, but I got it for like $350 off the total of the normal price, so no complaints! So now I just need to rebuild the front end, fix some brake issues, then I can work on getting the new tires and all! Bunch of stuff to come in soon, just have to wait on funding for it all!

20230213_151410.jpg

Another old truck mod brought to this one, mostly for fun. The halogens were showing their age, had a single white led and a bunch of greens, so rather than solid green plate lights like the last truck, still semi legal with the white, though it clearly aint as bright as the green lol

Tried it with just a green led and one of my better halogens, honestly was about as good as the white led, just a different shade.

2023-02-22 18.51.28.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

And this is what happens when ya forget to have a tire balanced. Ya lose the third wheel bearing in 3 months lol

I know, was stupid for doing it, planning to try and get it sorted out over tomorrow and Monday. At least get the bearing tomorrow, balanced Monday probably.

May try and finish up the four corner mod tomorrow too, if I have some spare time. No guarantees there, hopefully be able to order the new suspension late next week or the week after too. Updates are still a bit slow due to funding and other issues, but still plenty to come

20230225_143543.jpg

Back