• Register Today It's free!

Diod, Modules, Hood release,

MyGirlRed97

Reaction score
City, State
Maple Falls
Year, Model & Trim Level
1997 Explorer Xlt Eddie
Is there any reason I can't replace the two little diods under the hood, located in the fuse box?

I just pulled my lamp out module on Red and than another off an explore at a junk yard. They both are brown in the same area. Is there a way to refurbish? Or anyone know an inexpensive place to purchase one?

I have located the pcm but not sure how to remove it. Suggestions?

Also, how difficult would you say it is to drain tranny, pull the pan, replace filter and gasket?

Is there any reason I can't replace the two little diods under the hood, located in the fuse box?

I just pulled my lamp out module on Red and than another off an explore at a junk yard. They both are brown in the same area. Is there a way to refurbish? Or anyone know an inexpensive place to purchase one?

Also, how difficult would you say it is to drain tranny, pull the pan, replace filter and gasket?
Welcome! On the PCM remove bolt in middle of harness con. and gently pull free.Be careful not to bend pins inside.
On the trans.I disc.the upper cooler line from rad.&hook up to a gal.jug start up &pump out the pan.Put line back&remove pan &filter a lot less mess.When you drop pan there may be some atf left but not much .Sorry I'm not familiar w/diode issues
Good luck
Daymon P.

Back