Directions for changing the PCM (ECM, EEC) on 94 Eddie Bauer | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Directions for changing the PCM (ECM, EEC) on 94 Eddie Bauer

prince402

Reaction score
City, State
South Florida
Year, Model & Trim Level
1994 Eddie Bauer
I need full directions for changing the PCM in my 94 Eddie Bauer 4 door, 6cyl, starting with its location.

So far I'm unable to find it in this forum but expect that it is here.

Disconnect battery before you do anything. The PCM is located under the passenger side kick panel. The kick panel has a screw in the door jam, and a plastic trim plug. Remove the screw with a Philips driver, gently pull on the back edge of the panel until the plastic plug comes loose. The PCM is removed from its bracket by a small bolt towards the top of the plastic bracket. It is removed from the wiring harness by another small bolt in the center of the harness. To install new PCM, repeat process in opposite order. That's all there is, fairly simple. Should take you less than 15 minutes. Make sure your new PCM is for a 1994 Explorer with the same transmission (manual or auto). No other year will work. The latest, most updated version was labeled VET-1.

@BKennedy: Thank you for your excellent thorough answer to my question. I've been looking with no success to find this info for three days. Your answer is the only good info I have found.

Back