• Register Today It's free!

Disable factory alarm

DMVPIU

Reaction score
City, State
Washington, DC
Year, Model & Trim Level
2014 Ford PIU
How do I disable the factory alarm system in a 2014 Ford Explorer?

Backstory:

I have a 2014 Ford PIU with (a regular OG metal key) the police department installed an after market alarm system. Everything was fine until I recently had some work done on the truck (they had to take the dash apart) and now the factory alarm goes off randomly throughout the day it chirps, or triggers between 2 second and 10 second intervals then it stops. After parking and locking my doors, after 20 minutes when I open my doors by the key or with a key fob, or even if doors are left unlocked the factory alarm goes off and can't be stopped until I turn the key to on or start the vehicle. The vehicle then starts and drives fine. I trying to figure out how to turn off the factory alarm system. Another note if I open the door the factory alarm goes off then if I use my key fob and hit the panic button the after market alarm goes off (two different noises).

It would seem that the ones that worked on your vehicle caused this issue since everything was good up to then. Have you tried going back to those people to see if they can resolve the problem? I'm not aware of any way to disable the alarm unless it can be done using FORScan. Have you checked to see if there is a dedicated fuse for the alarm?

Peter

I've gone back, but they don't know anything. They are suppose to look at it again tomorrow. It's been a week since this happened. Hopefully they will figure it out tomorrow if not I'll have to figure out if there is a dedicated fise.

I've gone back, but they don't know anything. They are suppose to look at it again tomorrow. It's been a week since this happened. Hopefully they will figure it out tomorrow if not I'll have to figure out if there is a dedicated fise.
I didn't notice a dedicated fuse for it when I looked yesterday. It may be part of another feature.

Peter

Back