Disable front parking aids 2017 explorer | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Disable front parking aids 2017 explorer

wineosaure

Reaction score
City, State
Reno, Nevada
Year, Model & Trim Level
04 xlt and 2017 Exp Sport
2017 Ford Explorer, XLT

I have installed an after market front push bar. The front parking aids are "seeing" it and going off when I come to a stop. I have read the manual and it says they can be turned of via Driver Assist on the information screen. The option to do so does not show up.

Do you have the Parking Aid button? You can also use that to turn it off. I'm guessing that even if you turn it OFF it will turn ON again when the vehicle is restarted as the Manual says the front and rear systems turn ON when the vehicle is started. Does the warning message provide you with an option to turn the Parking Aid OFF within the message? If you have the Forward Collision Warning System, that may also be affected by the push bar.

Peter

You need to manually enable the button (turn off sensor) each time you start the engine.
I sometimes have to do it when heavy snow and ice clog the sensor in slow-moving traffic.
In case the image does not pass thru: it should be on the right of the hazard light, right under the screen, next to the camera button.
1597319519665.png

I won't be surprised that Forscan would have an entry for it, but that is over my knowledge.

Back