• Register Today It's free!

Disconnected Hose

Reaction score
City, State
Washington State
Year, Model & Trim Level
'92 Explorer, Eddie Bauer
Hi all,

Still finding my way around my 92 Explorer. I've noticed a hose that is disconnected, but I don't know where it connects to. It's rather long and coming from what I think is the cruise control servo. (don't quote me on this) Anyone got any ideas where this hose should go to and what it does?

Thanks!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Thats easy.... THAT is the vaccum line that should go into the Vaccum tree at the back of the intake. That is your Cruise Control solenoid. So, about 8 inches Left of your Brake fluid resevoir you'll see a branch off your intake with hoses to it. Usually that attatches to the back of that tree in the big port.

Thanks for the replies!

I figured it would be easy. I just had no clue where to look. This would explain why my cruise control isn't working! I'm going to figure out which of the two suggested locations it needs to go to.

I can tell you the engine bay on that 92 looks pretty good from what I can see....
it does not matter which post on the vacuum tree you connect it to as long as it fits snug, they all access the same manifold vacuum

It may have been disconnected in the past because there maybe a leak inside the cruise control
It has a one way valve in the hose
Make sure everything is working properly before you hook it up
check the one way valve is operating and check to make sure the cruise control canister can hold vacuum

Back