Disconnected plugs-please HELP! | Ford Explorer - Ford Ranger Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

• Holiday Special! - 2 for 1 Elite Explorer sale!

Right now you can purchase an Elite Explorer membership for $20 and receive a two year membership! If you have an existing Elite membership contact me by PM and I will upgrade your account manually.

Click Here to start your membership and get rid of the ads!

Disconnected plugs-please HELP!

PR_EXPLORER

Reaction score
City, State
Puerto Rico
Year, Model & Trim Level
2002 EXPLORER XLT
Hi, I'm new with Explorers. Moreover, I purchased a 2002 Ford Explorer two weeks ago. Now, I have notice that the Explorer have two plugs (connectors) disconnected and I want to know what it's the purpose of these cable plugs and why do you think they're disconnected.

Location of the plugs: UNDER THE DASH IN THE PASSENGER SIDE.

I hope that you people can help me with this threat, Thanks.

Holiday Special! Join the Elite Explorers $20 for 2 years! Gets rid of the ads!

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create and save more private conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

rocco123

Reaction score
City, State
Endicott, NY
Year, Model & Trim Level
1994 XLT & 2002 Limited
4 wheel drive module is located at the glove box on 02. Maybe that's it

PR_EXPLORER

Reaction score
City, State
Puerto Rico
Year, Model & Trim Level
2002 EXPLORER XLT
Hi, thanks for your answer. I saw a video on youtube and appears that the plugs are of the 4x4 transfer case.. Do you know if there is a risk if I plug the 4x4 plugs to see what happens???

Joe in NY

Reaction score
City, State
Binghamton, NY
Year, Model & Trim Level
2002 Eddie Bauer V8 4X4
who ever you bought that from unplugged those to hide that the 4X4 module needs to be replaced and maybe even the actuator...

Plug it in. I am betting you will get flashing 4x4 lights

rocco123

Reaction score
City, State
Endicott, NY
Year, Model & Trim Level
1994 XLT & 2002 Limited
Could be disconnected for better gas mileage thought pulling fuse would do the same thing. My module went bad years ago and I replaced it.