Discount on 2013 Limited Explorer --- Just Placed the Order ! | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Discount on 2013 Limited Explorer --- Just Placed the Order !

snowyexp

Reaction score
City, State
Atlanta,GA
Year, Model & Trim Level
Edge
Just placed an order on 2013 limited Ex

It shows "automatic discount" of $860 on my order sheet -- total $47,125

Can anyone explain what is this automatic discount ??

Can we combine it with $500 Ford is giving right now ?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Do you guys negotiate before placing the order or when car arrives at the lot.

I had to give them a check ( deposit ) on monday. Should I negotiate to a fixed price or they wont do it ?

When did the dealer say your ex would arrive? I wonder when they will have stock on their lot

The only reason I didnt get 2012 ( LANE assist & lane warning ). They also updated the software in 2013.

Welcome to the forum! Congratulations on the new purchase. Be sure to post pics when she comes in :)

As for your question... doing a quick check on the Ford website, the $860 looks to be the Equipment Group 302A package savings. It is just the amount of money you saved buying all those goodies in a package as opposed to getting the options separately.

Keep us updated on your build/delivery progress.

Happy driving.

Welcome to the forum! Congratulations on the new purchase. Be sure to post pics when she comes in :)

As for your question... doing a quick check on the Ford website, the $860 looks to be the Equipment Group 302A package savings. It is just the amount of money you saved buying all those goodies in a package as opposed to getting the options separately.

Keep us updated on your build/delivery progress.

Happy driving.

Thanks Vince,
I will post the pics.

Should I negotiate the price before giving them deposit ?

I would definitely negotiate the final price and have a written contract before giving them any money.

Of course you should negotiate the price! I think a very easy guide on what price you should be paying is using the X-Plan pricing.

Go to www.fordpartners.com, and use NDUNV as the partner code. After you login, click on the "Shop Now" button. That will open up the Ford website. This is where you can build your vehicle with the X-plan price, which I wouldn't go any higher than. Do a search on this forum or google to find out what X-plan is if you are unfamiliar.

Just a quick note, the X-plan pricing for the 2013 has not been posted, but you can build a 2012. You can try that to get a ballpark figure as to what a fair price would be.

X-plan is an easy way to get an okay deal on a car without any bargaining. A number of people have stated that you can get under X-plan if you like to haggle a bit.

Good luck.

Thanks Vince,
I will post the pics.

As Vince and tmilicia have said, YES, you should always negotiate the price and agree upon it with a signed contract before giving them a deposit. When I ordered mine all the costs were agreed upon and I had the salesman write in that the dealership would supply and install the splash guards at no cost to me. Mine is on a 48 month lease so after negotiating the price and monthly payments, I then gave them the deposit and the contract was signed. I even purchased the Extended Service Plan (ESP) at the same time.

Peter

Of course you should negotiate the price! I think a very easy guide on what price you should be paying is using the X-Plan pricing.

Go to www.fordpartners.com, and use NDUNV as the partner code. After you login, click on the "Shop Now" button. That will open up the Ford website. This is where you can build your vehicle with the X-plan price, which I wouldn't go any higher than. Do a search on this forum or google to find out what X-plan is if you are unfamiliar.

Just a quick note, the X-plan pricing for the 2013 has not been posted, but you can build a 2012. You can try that to get a ballpark figure as to what a fair price would be.

X-plan is an easy way to get an okay deal on a car without any bargaining. A number of people have stated that you can get under X-plan if you like to haggle a bit.

Good luck.

Thanks again Vince,

I got my 09 Edge on X -plan

I am trying to get 2013 Ex @ Invoice.

Ford is offering $500 rebate on 2013 & I also have $750 Coupon.

Form Edmunds :

Now I wont go over $44,244 ( Invoice ) minus all the rebates.

Thanks again Vince,

I got my 09 Edge on X -plan

I am trying to get 2013 Ex @ Invoice.

Ford is offering $500 rebate on 2013 & I also have $750 Coupon.

Form Edmunds :

Now I wont go over $44,244 ( Invoice ) minus all the rebates.

I see you've danced this dance before! Let us know how it goes.

Do you happen to know how the Edmunds invoice compares to X-plan?

Answered my own question... looks like the Edmunds invoice is a couple of hundred bucks (about $750) less than X-plan for a 2012 equipped the way we would get it.

I see you've danced this dance before! Let us know how it goes.

Do you happen to know how the Edmunds invoice compares to X-plan?

Answered my own question... looks like the Edmunds invoice is a couple of hundred bucks (about $750) less than X-plan for a 2012 equipped the way we would get it.

Vince,

Dealer MSRP is $860 less than EDMUNDS so the invoice should be lower than $44,244 ? No ?

Vince,

Dealer MSRP is $860 less than EDMUNDS so the invoice should be lower than $44,244 ? No ?
That $860 is the built in discount on the 302A package. Not sure if that can be figured into further reducing the Invoice price or not. I've never bothered going this route in the vehicles I've owned. I just negotiate a price I feel comfortable with and try to get a few 'freebies' thrown in and sign on the dotted line.

Vince,

When I built the Ex on Edmunds, I noticed that I had to select the $860 package discount manually. For some reason they don't work it into the package price. I think that is the $860 difference. So when you build it, make sure you select that discount and see what the prices work out to.

When I built the Ex on Edmunds, I noticed that I had to select the $860 package discount manually. For some reason they don't work it into the package price. I think that is the $860 difference. So when you build it, make sure you select that discount and see what the prices work out to.

Got it & yes it reduced the invoice.

Dealer placed the order today without deposit & said he will give me a call when they get VIN number ( about 3-4 weeks ) to do the paperwork.

It takes 4 weeks to get VIN ?

Soooo, what did you get for a deal? (If you don't mind me asking :) )

$47,000 for and explorer? :O
That's crazy. I had no idea they got to be that expensive. WOW.
So did Ford fix all the problems that all the 2011 explorers were having?

$47,000 for and explorer? :O
That's crazy. I had no idea they got to be that expensive. WOW.
So did Ford fix all the problems that all the 2011 explorers were having?

It wont be $47 K. ( 47K is MSRP )

Never pay over invoice - Rebates

Invoice is 44K - Rebates( which is $500 form ford & coupons )

I was in market for BMW X5 which was around 59 K but when I looked at EX.WOW ! Its' way better than X5 (Better Looks) better 3rd row & auto fold which you can only find in Benz GL 450 ( $70K )

Only 1 thing BMW does better is customer service. 0 Cost to own ( Free Oil change & Free Roadside Assist )

If ford gets Night Vision option it will be a Home Run.

Yes, 2013 are way better than 2011. I even didnt get 2012 as they updated software on 2013 ( fast ) & added lane assist and also corrected all the issues. 2013 is the way to go.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Soooo, what did you get for a deal? (If you don't mind me asking :) )

They called me yesterday & said we will do paperwork when VIN no comes. ( In 3-4 weeks ). I know they can do it @ invoice. I didnt give any deposit.

Will post my deal so it helps everyone here.

Back