1992 Explorer Sport
Deep Jewel Green
287,000 Miles
Purchased May 2005
Sold July 2010 :(

Modifications
Diamond clear headlights and turn signals
Fog lights in the bumper
Black billet grill (powder coated by Turdle)
Stock modular wheels powder coated black by Turdle
Serious Explorations license plate frames
In channel window visors
Tow hooks front and rear
Sway bar quick disconnects front and rear
Rancho 5000 series shocks
Warrior 153 shackles
F150 coil seats
31/1050/R15 Kumho Road Venture AT KL-78 tires
Bed liner on the quarter panels, bumpers, and mirrors
Rostra remote keyless entry system
12 disc Pioneer CD changer
Cobra 19DX IV CB radio
Firestik 3' CB antenna
Magnaflow model 11225 Muffler
Magnaflow model 35129 Polished Stainless Tip

It seems like I have done so much more work to this thing. I guess a lot of it is general upkeep. I have repainted black the trim pillars on the doors and rear hatch, the roof rack, the hinges for the rear glass, and the rear wiper arm. I have repaired the power window motors. I have fixed the 4x4 shift motor twice. Sometimes I really hate this thing, but I have really grown attached to it.

Future Plans
New headliner
Roof basket?

Pictures
DSC02710.jpg

DSC02711.jpg

DSC02712.jpg

DSC02608.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

A good looking and very clean 92! Nice work! Black wheels would look good since everything else is already black. :thumbsup:

Did you get an alignment after the spacers? Might be the pictures, but it looks like you've got a little (+) camber.

A good looking and very clean 92! Nice work! Black wheels would look good since everything else is already black. :thumbsup:

Did you get an alignment after the spacers? Might be the pictures, but it looks like you've got a little (+) camber.
Thanks, yeah I did get an alignment to fix the camber. I think I just don't hold the camera level.

nice truck. I wish my 93 looked that good!
did you paint that stripe on the lower trim or is it factory?

nice truck. I wish my 93 looked that good!
did you paint that stripe on the lower trim or is it factory?
The stripe in the door trim was painted the body color when the truck was repainted by the previous owner. And I painted below that with truck bed liner. I need to get a new front piece of trim for the drivers side though. I just realized a month or so ago that it is missing :wtf:

nice sport u got there keep up the good work

+1 on the black rims, i think it would tie everything in very well, but other then that the truck looks fantastic, glad to see you're ninja'd grill got worked out alright, and everything else is coming along very well. Congrats

Justin

where did you get your new headlamps ,clear running lights & turn signals at. I've been looking all over.

OK thanks for the info.

clean sport, it looks great. What kind of bedliner did you use?

clean sport, it looks great. What kind of bedliner did you use?
I used Duplicolor spray on bed liner on the mirrors and on the rocker panels, and I used Duplocolor's roll on bed liner for the bumpers. If I were to do it over again I would have used the roll on liner on the rockers as well, it just seems more durable.

very nice. i miss my first gen sport that i had about 10 years ago now. it's probably a beer can now.

Very nice, I'd like to remove the red stripe on the black trim on mine like you did as well as the clear corners lights, the black billet grill looks sick too :thumbsup:

I have a few update pictures. Since I took pics last I have added some tow hooks for a Jeep, and a CB radio. I also got to test my tires in the snow, and use 4x4 for the first time in years. :D
Here is the thread for my Cb install: Clickity

DSC02250.jpg

DSC02268.jpg

DSC02281.jpg

DSC02282.jpg

I finally manged to get rid of my old shocks with over 248,000 miles on them. I replaced them with Rancho RS5039 shocks in front, and RS5185 in the rear. The difference when driving is like night and day. I might as well have had steel rods for shocks before because that is exactly what it felt like. All the fun colors on the rear shocks are a combination of dirt, rust, and cement :rolleyes: At least now I have something new and shiny under there :D

Old and busted:
DSC02294.jpg

New hotness:
DSC02298.jpg

Old and busted:
DSC02301.jpg

New hotness:
DSC02299.jpg

I put some updated pictures in the first post. I was also able to get a hold of an explorer sport emblem courtesy of bmxking5, who will no longer be needing a rear hatch. :p: It was in good shape but had seen its share of sunny days. So I gave it a new coat of black and a few coats of clear and it looks good as new!

Before:
DSC02306.jpg

After:
DSC02430.jpg

I have been doing a little bit of work on my truck since SMORR so I thought I would post an update. I folded the body seam under and re did the rocker panels in roll on bedliner all the way up to the body line. I think it looks pretty good, and hopefully it will end my budding rust problem.
DSC02597.jpg

I also re-arranged my cb setup. I was satisfied with the radio in the center console, but with the combination of my decision to move the antenna, and my wanting that storage compartment back. I decided to move the radio into the ashtray. I now have a place to hang the mic, and the cord won't get in the way of my cup holders anymore. I think I need to find something to trim the opening with though, my cuts into the ashtray weren't the best.
DSC02608.jpg

My antenna setup was inspired by Jurassic Park. I watched the movie again recently and noticed the antenna setup mounted on the mirror. I used a ball mount with a 2" ball, and I really like it. I will need to do some testing to see if I need to add a spring or not.
DSC02601.jpg

I also got the most awesome license plates ever!
DSC02594.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back