dismantling 1999 explorer

chrisquelch

Reaction score
City, State
fareham hants
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 northface
hi guys
many members have asked me for parts over the last couple of months and i may have said i didnt have them but just started to dismantle a 1999 explorer which had a replacement engine by ford in 2003. it also has a zavoli multipoint lpg system i was going to keep the car but its developed a gearbox problem so its a parts car.so i may have the parts you need now.
cheers chris

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

You just can't help yourself Chris :D

I'll take first dibs on both rear callipers please. Does it have the style of sidesteps I'm after? What condition are the front fog lights (I need the brackets AND the fog lights themselves) and lastly, the radiator - how's that looking? Mine has taken a few hits from road debris so I'm keen on changing it.

I'm still out in the US right now; but if you could PM with suggested prices I would be grateful (not forgetting my hunt for CV axles either!) and I'll get in touch with you upon my return.

Many thanks!

I don't suppose you have a drivers side tail light for a 1997? As far as I'm told, 1998 onwards are different?

And the bolts that hold the front roll bar to the chassis.

what do you want for the bare engine?

engines

hi steve
to you £70 for the ford replacment one that was fitted in 2003.
or theres a good runner engine only .i drove the car back from birmingham for free just collect.
take them both for £70 buy one get one free this week.
cheers chris

ill take the 70 quid one mate, i need to fone my mechanic up to see when he can do this first and ill let you know when i can come down to collect, cheers once again

Hi Chris, i was wondering what is the possibility of you removing and fitting the engine in for me as i am due to move this week sometime or next week to a small rented flat unfortunately there isn't any space to store an engine.

I will pay you for your for your time and will also arrange for my car to be lifted from fords to your house. I would much rather trust you to do the job as you know the in's and out on the explorers

Could you let me know let me know please

Thanks Chris

Steve

hi steve
sorry mate i to am moving and wont have the time to fit it for you.
cheers chris

I don't suppose you have a drivers side tail light for a 1997? As far as I'm told, 1998 onwards are different?

Anything mate?

hi fingers
i only have the late type,
cheers chris

Bugger. Don't suppose if you know whether they will fit or not? I know they're cosmetically different.

hi i dont think they will fit as lens is diferent shape

iv got these clear rears if you like?, there just been sitting around for years since i had my first early body ex, you just need yellow and red bulbs for them

25 quid and what ever for the posting for first class

Hi I'm looking for a drivers side front wiper linkage as mine has rusted away ,
just bought my second explorer but it has a couple of issues , I also need a steering housing as the guy I got it from butchered the plastic housing getting the ignition barrel out , the passenger side door dosn't lock think it just needs the mechanism ,if you have any of the above or know where I might get them I would be gratfull

thanks
Jill

hi
all the explorer parts are now sold just have a few parts that are spoken for.
cheers chris

Hi Chris, It`s a long time since I posted anything on the forums so I thought I`d update you since my last request about programming a Bosch single button remote fob. I`ve been advised by Justin in Newport that It`s a job for Ford only. At that time he was hoping to obtain the kit for doing the job from the local Ford agent but I`ve just found out that he`s finished and is now working for Motorzone in Caerleon who are using his expertise with Explorers and gaining new customers !! Since I last had contact with you I`ve aquired another 1998 Explorer form a friend so now I have two ! However I`m now looking for a transfer case motor for that Explorer and I wondered if you know of one. Cheers , Pete
PS just should mention that I`m in South Wales in Bridgend which is roughly halfway between Cardiff and Swansea.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

explorer parts

hi I to have stopped dismanteling explorers . your best bet is ebay .
cheers chris

Back