• Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

^^Searches ExplorerForum.com^^

Display tach on normal screen

ojarac

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 explorer st
Hello
Is there a way to display the same tach that is on the sport screen to the normal screen?
I managed to display the small graph tach to the left of the speedo but I like the larger tach that matches the speedometer

Join the Elite Explorers for $20.

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create and save more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

ojarac

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 explorer st
This is the Explorer st

peterk9

Staff member
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Ottawa, Ontario area
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 Aviator Reserve II
Callsign
VE3

geronimo_jenkins

Reaction score
City, State
DFW
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 Explorer Platinum
I find the asymmetry of the screen in “Normal” mode to be odd. Ideally we could configure a lot more.

I even like the center oriented speedometer you get when lane keep assist is disabled, but I prefer to keep that on.

The fact that all these simple UX complaints (CarPlay screen size, orientation of backup cameras, etc...) could be addressed with simple update has me worried they’ll never update 2020 models, and we’ll be left behind when SYNC 4 comes out and the continued support dwindles further.

ojarac

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 explorer st
Ok so to confirm , we cannot display the same tach as shown on the sport screen ?

anyway I keep it on sport mode mostly because I like the screen

rpmgolfs

Reaction score
City, State
OVERLAND PARK
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 Explorer Platinum
Any way to move the speedometer from the left to right side of the display?

peterk9

Staff member
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Ottawa, Ontario area
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 Aviator Reserve II
Callsign
VE3
Any way to move the speedometer from the left to right side of the display?
Are you using the 'Calm' screen? I don't know how much the displays are alike or different in the Explorer and the Aviator, but in my 'Calm' screen the speedometer is on the left and the tach is on the right with an Info screen in the center.

Peter

breddy

Reaction score
City, State
Orlando, FL
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 Explorer ST
There is a small peripheral tach display in normal mode but I can’t find a way to make it look like Sport mode. See pic.

858B3256-8E76-497D-9283-5ECAFF52E7C3.jpeg

breddy

Reaction score
City, State
Orlando, FL
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 Explorer ST
This high tech virtual dash so far is disappointing. Wish I could use a non blue background.

evilgeek

Reaction score
City, State
California
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 Explorer ST
In normal mode the speedo moves to the center if you turn off lane keeping assist.

Havok33

Reaction score
City, State
Indy
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 ST
I’m pretty sure you also have to turn off the “ show distance” option in the pre collision warning settings in the driver assist menu to center the speedo even with lane keeping assist off via the button on the turn signal arm. It will still warn you on the display of a possible frontal collision but won’t show distance to impact. This is just from memory in playing with the settings on my first day with the ST.