Display tach on normal screen | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Display tach on normal screen

ojarac

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 explorer st
Hello
Is there a way to display the same tach that is on the sport screen to the normal screen?
I managed to display the small graph tach to the left of the speedo but I like the larger tach that matches the speedometer

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I find the asymmetry of the screen in “Normal” mode to be odd. Ideally we could configure a lot more.

I even like the center oriented speedometer you get when lane keep assist is disabled, but I prefer to keep that on.

The fact that all these simple UX complaints (CarPlay screen size, orientation of backup cameras, etc...) could be addressed with simple update has me worried they’ll never update 2020 models, and we’ll be left behind when SYNC 4 comes out and the continued support dwindles further.

Ok so to confirm , we cannot display the same tach as shown on the sport screen ?

anyway I keep it on sport mode mostly because I like the screen

Any way to move the speedometer from the left to right side of the display?

Any way to move the speedometer from the left to right side of the display?
Are you using the 'Calm' screen? I don't know how much the displays are alike or different in the Explorer and the Aviator, but in my 'Calm' screen the speedometer is on the left and the tach is on the right with an Info screen in the center.

Peter

There is a small peripheral tach display in normal mode but I can’t find a way to make it look like Sport mode. See pic.

858B3256-8E76-497D-9283-5ECAFF52E7C3.jpeg

This high tech virtual dash so far is disappointing. Wish I could use a non blue background.

In normal mode the speedo moves to the center if you turn off lane keeping assist.

I’m pretty sure you also have to turn off the “ show distance” option in the pre collision warning settings in the driver assist menu to center the speedo even with lane keeping assist off via the button on the turn signal arm. It will still warn you on the display of a possible frontal collision but won’t show distance to impact. This is just from memory in playing with the settings on my first day with the ST.

There is a small peripheral tach display in normal mode but I can’t find a way to make it look like Sport mode. See pic.

View attachment 177235
I'm OK with the blue, but I don't like the "cyclops" display on most modes; all modes should have the tach like the sport mode, IMO...does anyone know if there is a way to fix this with an update, if enough people share this same concern?

On my explorer after the update, I am not able to move the speedometer to the center when you turn off the lane keep assist. It stays on the left and a little icon to the right of the picture of the road shows whether lane keep is on or off.

Back