• Register Today It's free!

Diverter Valve vacuum Motor

ABeautifulrose04

Reaction score
City, State
Mountain Home, Arkansas
Year, Model & Trim Level
1994 Ford Explorer XLT4WD
Does anyone know where I can get the Diverter Valve vacuum motor diagram? Still having my problems. :rolleyes:

From looking at your other threads, I'm assuming this is on your '94?

If so, the only diverter valve I know of is the one that is known has the heater control bypass valve and it shuts off the hot water from the heater core when the a/c is on Max A/C. In one of your other threads it talking about something on the exhaust, and the diverter valve isn't near the exhaust . The is an EGR and DPFE which connects between the exhaust and the intake which has a vacuum line. Is this what your looking for? If you can take a pictures of the part that you need to get the correct vacuum to it may help.

Just in case...
This should give you the "diagram".
0900c1528018ee10.gif

If you are talking about the heater control bypass valve then basically you have a vacuum line that is going into the cab from the engine bay. This controls the blend door and is also then passed back into the engine bay (goes through the a/c controls first) and is connected to the heater control bypass valve. When on Max A/C there is vacuum here which pulls the valve closed and lets the coolant bypass the heater core.

~Mark

Back