Dman726749's Explorer | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Dman726749's Explorer

Well this is my truck so far. Its a 1996 XLT with aprox 160,000+ miles and still running strong.

Drive-train
flex-alite tranny cooler
Borg Warner 1354 manual shift transfercase - best mod yet, you dont realize how much your 4405 case slips until you use 4wd with this case.:D
3:73 gears and worn out l/s

Liftage.
-War 153 shackles
-2" tt
-3" Body Lift
-Custom rear sway bar discos
-33x12.5 Pro Comp X-Terrains on stock deer hoof rims.

Exterior
-Yakima load warrior basket
-(2) Pro Comp 55w lights (on basket)
-(2) Pro Comp 100w lights (on basket)
-(2) Revers lights on back of basket
-Frame Mounted Pro Comp tow hooks
-Putnam Hitch Class 3 reciever
-Removed Lower front air dam
-Removed Rocker Panels (Thanks Badlands :D )
-Custom Snorkel Install thread here

Interior
-Glow Gauges
-Neoprene seat covers
-Panasonic headunit
-Switch panel for lights
-Autometer f150 gauge pod
-Autometer tranny temp gauge
-Radio Shack Cb

Future Mods
-33-35" M/T's
-Rear powertrax no-slip
- Rock Sliders

Pics
10th_aniv_003.jpg

18333badlands-041.jpg

snk25.jpg

Interior stuff

Neoprene Seat covers from ebay.
18333explorer-001-med.jpg

Headunit and Switches
x_006.jpg

This switch engages the front vacume hubs, I put it right where the old 4wd switch was.
random-010.jpg

New white face gauges, dont have any of them glowing at night yet, but maybe soon, as well as the tranny temp gauge in the f-150 gauge pod
x_003.jpg

Switch to chage them between blue and green is under the steering wheel on the collumn..kinda hard to see. but its there.
x_005.jpg

Cb radio..installed where the ash tray once was and the transfer case shifter
random-011.jpg

More Wheeling Pics
18333stuck4_bmp-med.jpg

18333me-stuck-med.jpg

18333badlands-041.jpg

18333badlands-040.jpg

18333badlands-086.jpg

18333badlands-087.jpg

Thanks for takin a look :D :cool:
My EF Photo gallery
http://www.explorerforum.com/data/showgallery.php?cat=500&ppuser=18333

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

well, i actually have stock bronco front springs. somebody correct me if i am wrong but i beleive that the 79 broncos didnt have a sway bar, but the 79 pickups did. i know its that way or vice versa. so i can unbolt one from my buddies dana 44, same year and setup, and put it on, as far as rear springs, i beleive that they are off either a four door explorer or a ranger, either way they are much stiffer then the stock sport springs, which are a 3pck, maybe four pack. and the ones i have now have one more spring in them. i have homemade shackles, that are much more heavy duty then the warriors, and i have no swaybar, or swaybar connections on the rear end. sorry to hijack your thread Dman

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.

Ok..no wonder you said it handles well. You have those stiff bronco springs. Then again, you also have a heavier engine than most that do the axle swap.

Sorry for the hi-jack Dustin. Hope you guys have fun at Badlands. :)

Swaybars are NOT overrated. Mine is downright scary to drive without them. One is ok for a bit, but 2 I do not like. Dustin, truck's lookin' good. Were those pins predrilled? the holes look uneven so I didn't know if you did them. :D

na i didnt drill them, they were pre drilled....the discos have been on for a week or 2 now and work great, cant wait to get out to badladns next weekend to see how well she works without the bar :D

j602 why is your truck scary without them, do you have alot of body roll???

Nah, don't have a ton of body roll. Got rid of my body lift for that very reason. My springs might be a good bit softer than yours are, making it a bit more "tippy", if you will. I just don't like driving without them; makes me feel unsafe. Oh, and with the swaybars, this thing handles extremely well! Corners beautifully, and handles better with 7 - 8" suspension lift than with 2" of suspension and 3" body!

thats cool, i havent had any problems driving minus the swayies. although i drive it smart, slow on corners and such, but when you have a nice rig you want to drive it slow so people can admire it.... haha know what i mean

Little Update

on the sway bar disco's....got them finnished a couple weeks ago..when connected on the road cant tell they are there except for a few creaks ever now and then....off road they are great truck flexed so much better :thumbsup: i havent even hooked it back up yet, mainly becasue i dont want to craw under a muddy truck :D but with it disconected i really cant tell a diffrence, but i will prob end up hooking it back up anyways...now for some pics of how well she flexes.

18333badlands-041.jpg

18333badlands-040.jpg

i felt like it still had a little more in it, but it wouldent get up the second slab and i didnt feel like pushing it :cool:

Rack looks good. Needs more lift/bigger tires! :D

Looks good! I got a set(4) of 33" A/Ts with about 1/4 thier tread left for $100 and I'll throw a good M/T spare in with them. I was going to put them on the Explorer for summer use, but the wife wants to keep the 32s that are on it. :rolleyes:
You would need to come pick them up thought.

SplashMan said:
Looks good! I got a set(4) of 33" A/Ts with about 1/4 thier tread left for $100 and I'll throw a good M/T spare in with them. I was going to put them on the Explorer for summer use, but the wife wants to keep the 32s that are on it. :rolleyes:
You would need to come pick them up thought.

thanks for the offer, but i think i will pass...i was going to keep my 31's till spring and then start really looking for some tires, plus i dont have the time to drive out taht way tonight......

Holy shat, fix that bumper. Looks good!

:thumbsup: :D

j602 said:
Holy shat, fix that bumper. Looks good!

what are you talkin about....dont be hatin the ghetto bumper lean... :confused:

haha yea it will be gettin some washers to fix it and then the rear wil go up too...all in due time :D

fix the bumper and maby some AAl to correct the ass sag Looking sweet

whats up man? looks good, long time no talk, i need to visit yall at the other site. well im finally up for my bl too. i am doin it this weekend, look for my pics this monday, and next friday i will have the rims and tires.... wish i could wheel with yall!
later man
Chris

Back