DMB Graphics: Ford Gel Badges | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

DMB Graphics: Ford Gel Badges

Ok, Just recieved mine and put them on. Here are a few pictures of before and after. Couple things, overall not too bad. Putting on was easy, just make sure emblem is clean as they say. Make sure you get it lined up well before you stick it. It sticks well.

Pros: Easy to apply, looks good from a few feet back or more
Cons: Can be difficult to align. Cut is inconsistent. One of them was slightly too long and too narrow, while the other was too narrow and not long enough. You can see a slight band of the old blue background either top and bottom or side to side from close up even though it is perfectly centered. (again, cut is off) last, the resolution of the graphics could be better. Close up, you can see the rough edges, from a few feet back its fine.

Full album here.... http://s1140.photobucket.com/albums/n567/cnsheets/DMB Gel Stickers/

IMG_1490.jpg

IMG_1505.jpg

IMG_1493.jpg

IMG_1499.jpg

IMG_1494.jpg

IMG_1501.jpg

IMG_1500.jpg

IMG_1502.jpg

IMG_1498.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Thanks for the pics, that looks pretty sharp! :)

I'm liking the blue on white look.

Looks great! Now if we could just figure out a way to cover up the orange in the headlights.

cnsheets, I know you mentioned that the new gels sticks very well, what are your thoughts on if they would ever need to come off? I have thought about buying some, but if the look doesn't appeal to me, do you think it would be a PITA to remove and would there be any residue left behind?

Thanks for your input!

Ok, Just recieved mine and put them on. Here are a few pictures of before and after. Couple things, overall not too bad. Putting on was easy, just make sure emblem is clean as they say. Make sure you get it lined up well before you stick it. It sticks well.

Pros: Easy to apply, looks good from a few feet back or more
Cons: Can be difficult to align. Cut is inconsistent. One of them was slightly too long and too narrow, while the other was too narrow and not long enough. You can see a slight band of the old blue background either top and bottom or side to side from close up even though it is perfectly centered. (again, cut is off) last, the resolution of the graphics could be better. Close up, you can see the rough edges, from a few feet back its fine.

They look great!

Now you mention the slight issues with the fit, did you happen to try the heating method described on the DMB website?

1. Thoroughly Clean the surface area of your existing Ford badges so they are 'squeaky' clean and your finger does NOT slide across the badge easily.
2. If you are in a slightly cold environment then it may be necessary to warm the badges up with a low setting on a heat gun.
3. Warm the backing paper first to a reasonable temperature (hot enough not to burn yourself) and then slightly warm the surface of the original Ford badge.
4. Peel the badge from the backing and stick it carefully to the original badge making sure the edges are lined up and also stuck down. At this point you can slightly warm the edges and apply pressure to make sure they are fully stuck.
5. The adhesive on the badges is very tacky and they will stick very well.

Thanks!

That's a bummer... Too bad they didn't create the file in a higher resolution so that didn't happen. I'm actually surprised they sold them like that as the final product.

Like you said though, it looks great from a distance.

The resolution is more noticeable on the largest gel for the front. If you are 2 feet back, you don't really see it. You have to be pretty close up on it to see it.

Regarding the heating method, this would only make the gel more pliable so the edges sit down tighter. In my case, the cut was off, heating would not allow it to "stretch" to make up for the bad cut.

If you need to remove it, I'm sure it will leave some residue, but I'm sure it can easily be removed with some alcohol or goof-off without damage to the OEM badge.

Nice EX,i like the blue and white emblem looks good.....

would you mind getting a close-up semi profile shot that shows the edges?

I'm using vinyl because I thought the gel badges would stick out too much
emblem.jpg

would you mind getting a close-up semi profile shot that shows the edges?

I'm using vinyl because I thought the gel badges would stick out too much
emblem.jpg

@JanChristian:
Where did you get those from. And do you think they look good or have had any issues with them such as coverage of the blue? From the picture it looks exactly like what I wanted for mine.

@cnsheets:
Does it make your emblems stick out from the car because of the increase in thickness?

@JanChristian:
Where did you get those from. And do you think they look good or have had any issues with them such as coverage of the blue? From the picture it looks exactly like what I wanted for mine.
I know someone with a vinyl plotter. Coverage is fine; I measured the blue oval then added 1mm. I'm having them remade because the first ones we cut "wrong." Once they're made properly, I think they'll look great

I know someone with a vinyl plotter. Coverage is fine; I measured the blue oval then added 1mm. I'm having them remade because the first ones we cut "wrong." Once they're made properly, I think they'll look great

I have a friend who was has a cutter as well and was thinking of having him do something like this. But if the layout work has already been done and tested, any chance I could order one from you? I'm looking for black though.

Back