Do all center consoles fit years 11-19? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Do all center consoles fit years 11-19?

73TA

Reaction score
City, State
Kennewick
Year, Model & Trim Level
2017 Interceptor
Do all center consoles fit years 11-19? I want put a 2014 console in my 2017 PUI. It looks like it should work based upon the center stack configuration.

Thanks
Mike

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I would suggest booking marking this or similar sites that offer Ford parts. Search Results | Auto Nation Ford White Bear Lake
I use it to find answers to many questions posted here. Click on the item to check fitment. I looked up a 2014 Limited since you didn't specify which 2014 you were looking at. In this case, both seem to fit.

Peter

Thanks Peter, it should be straight up installation I assume as long as I get all of the hardware from the donor vehicle.

Mike

Physically it will fit as a direct match. The physical changes are the accents are changed from Silver to black. The wiring will not work though. The 11-15 uses a CEGA 1.2 network. The 16-19 Uses a CGEA 1.3 network and the modules will not work in them if mixed. The rear controls are CAN based on the later models whereas the earlier ones are not. This may not matter much since you have a PIU but if you ever want to wire up what's in it than you will need to know this.

Thanks Bill, that was the answer I was looking for.

Thanks
Mike

Back