Do all Sport tracs have the keyless Fob? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Do all Sport tracs have the keyless Fob?

newok

Reaction score
City, State
Shawnee, OK
Year, Model & Trim Level
2001 Sport Trac
Hello, I just bought a 2001 Sport Trac today and I'm working out a few bugs. Do all Sport tracs have remote keyless entry? My Sport only came with one key and no remotes. I called the dealership and asked the parts dept. for some help but they said they couldn't tell by the VIN. They told me that if my Sport had the little red Theft light that flashed then it would have keyless remote. I turned the ignition off on eight times (like it says in my manual) but the locks didn't move. Does anyone have any suggestions that I could try? My sport has power locks and windows but no cruise control. It is a job 2 2001 according to the date of manufacture. Thanks in advance. :)

Steve S.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Edit: I stand corrected, not all Sport Tracs come with key fobs and keyless entry.

My previous statement is erased. :p:

My truck does not have any keyless entry buttons on the drivers side door.

My truck does not have any keyless entry buttons on the drivers side door.
Damn, really? I thought that was standard on all Sport Tracs.

XLS models (and perhaps earlier base XLT's) did not have a keyless entry pad. I do not know if XLS's came with a remote key fob anyway.

(There are two XLT models. A base XLT and an XLT Premium which got you some more stuff like fog lights and step bars. My old '05 Trac was a base XLT and had a keyless entry pad and key fobs.)

In 01 to 02 models there was no XLS or XLT badging. That came in 03 models and up. I believe the early models just had packages. I believe mine was a Sport package. Hard to remember though, it's been almost 10 years since I bought her.

I was reading that the "Convenience" package had wireless fob and cruise control and tilt wheel. It was a $750.00 add on. Mine doesn't have any of these features. I guess it's kind of a base line. :rolleyes:

Steve

Back