Do Aviator or Explorer have auto locking? | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Do Aviator or Explorer have auto locking?

I am surprised that some here are so opinionated that this is feature is not even needed. Like sever here have mentioned, GM has had this feature for a long time, and since Ford does not have it, it must be a patent issue IMO. I loved it on my old Caddy, and I always listened to the beep which let me know the car was locked. That little beep gave me confidence the car was locked, and I miss that on my new Aviator. On GM cars, each element of the feature could be turned on or off...including auto locking, a beep response and i think a few more options were available to customize the feature to each driver. Also, one of the options I remember would prevent locking your key fob in the car, but i think that could be manually overridden.
I don’t see how it could possibly be a patent issue. Features can’t be patented, only the method in which they are carried out. Ford obviously has the ability to know if the keyfob is present. Maybe Ford just doesn’t want their setup exactly as Chevy does. If this is such a problem, this function can be added by any higher end car audio place.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I am surprised that some here are so opinionated that this is feature is not even needed. Like sever here have mentioned, GM has had this feature for a long time, and since Ford does not have it, it must be a patent issue IMO. I loved it on my old Caddy, and I always listened to the beep which let me know the car was locked. That little beep gave me confidence the car was locked, and I miss that on my new Aviator. On GM cars, each element of the feature could be turned on or off...including auto locking, a beep response and i think a few more options were available to customize the feature to each driver. Also, one of the options I remember would prevent locking your key fob in the car, but i think that could be manually overridden.

Thank you at least you understand my pain. Even theFordsPass app does not indicate the vehicle’s current state. Like locked or running.

There is the "touch" lock on the door handles, that is how I lock my Explorer. with the start/stop button, I never have to take the fob out of my pocket and now I'm spoiled :p However I get the whole walk away lock, but I can also see issues with it.

Also i want to add another question for '22. Is it possible to lock the doors automatically. I always touch the handle to lock the door. But i want it to lock the doors automatically when i walk away.

Also i want to add another question for '22. Is it possible to lock the doors automatically. I always touch the handle to lock the door. But i want it to lock the doors automatically when i walk away.
Your post was moved to this existing thread found using the 'Search' feature.

Peter

Back