Do HID equipped Limited's have HID Fog Lights? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Do HID equipped Limited's have HID Fog Lights?

kwmj

Reaction score
City, State
Louisville, KY
Year, Model & Trim Level
2013 Ford Explorer Sport
I have a 2013 Ford Explorer Sport and I am about to upgrade to HID headlights, hoping to install them tonight. I held off on ordering the fog lights at the moment out of concern that they may be too bright and distracting to oncoming traffic and also that the brightness may make them more of a driving light than a usable fog light in actual fog due to excessive glare.

After doing a bit of research, I wanted to take a look and see if the Limited model that has factory installed HID used a different housing on the fog lights, which I assumed would also be HID. But after looking at a few pictures of the Limited, I'm not sure that the models with factory installed HID headlights actually have HID fog lights. In addition, Ford's literature it only mentions the headlights being HID, it doesn't actually mention the Fog lights being HID in the options description. So I am hoping someone with more knowledge on the subject could tell me if the Limited's equipped with HID from the factory have HID or Halogen fog lights too.

I'll include a couple photo's below of some Limited's with HID that have led to me asking the question. It may just be an illusion of the camera, but the fog lights appear to have a noticeably more yellow color to the light, very much like a regular Halogen bulb, rather than HID. Thanks in advance.

2012-ford-explorer-limited-4wd-photo-416670-s-1280x782.jpg

2012-ford-explorer-limited-4wd-photo-416672-s-1280x782.jpg

2012-ford-explorer-limited-4wd-photo-416671-s-1280x782.jpg

Fog lights are halogen (H11 bulbs) on all trims that come factory equipped with fog lights.

Back