Do I have auto or manual AC controls? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Do I have auto or manual AC controls?

BurnTheLight88

Reaction score
City, State
Pittsburgh, PA
Year, Model & Trim Level
'99 Mountaineer
I need to buy a blend door actuator, and both online sites I looked at asked if I have automatic or manual AC controls. How do I know?

I have the digital climate control, with rear seat vents. '99 5.0 AWD Mountaineer

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Digital Climate Control = Automatic

Blend Door Replacement

BurnTheLight88 - I have a '97 with the automatic temperature control. My blend door failed, and I was puzzled about which one to buy, since there didn't seem to be one listed for the automatic control, only the manual.
Another member advised that the door was the same, and he was right.
I purchased it from my local parts place for under $10, and it was made by Dorman.
It fit perfectly, and solved my full heat all of the time problem.
Check out my posts, and you'll find the information that I'm referring to.

Good luck,
Dick

I need to buy a blend door actuator, and both online sites I looked at asked if I have automatic or manual AC controls. How do I know?

I have the digital climate control, with rear seat vents. '99 5.0 AWD Mountaineer
Have you tried a system "reset" on your heater yet? I was getting a blend door failure code, and then I did a reset, and it started working again.

Back