Do I have Mono Leafs? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Do I have Mono Leafs?

LStoudenmire

Reaction score
City, State
Charleston, SC
I have a '94 Sport, and have been looking at lifting it. After reading many threads, I thought that all Sports had mono leafs. But I went and took a look today, and it looks like i have more than one leaf. There are two leafs (on each side) with another short leaf that looks like an add-a-leaf. Don't thinkit is addon because the vehicle has been stock. I've read about some replacing the Sport Leafs with 4Dr Leafs to get added lift. So what do I have, monos or multi's?

Thanks

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I beleive the first gen sports have leafs packs but there arent as many leafs. it would probably be worthwhile to get the 4dr leaf springs.

Yeah, as Namitey said, it wasn't until the second gen.X's that they started to get cheap with the springs.....

they started to get cheap with the springs.....

How can you say that? I'm sure that Ford used computer designed space age materials so my springs would hold up to three 10lb. grocery bags without undue wear and tear. :D

Re: they started to get cheap with the springs.....

Originally posted by Tarron
How can you say that? I'm sure that Ford used computer designed space age materials so my springs would hold up to three 10lb. grocery bags without undue wear and tear. :D
......And still be able to save enough on each to put a dollar in each managers pocket...

Re: they started to get cheap with the springs.....

Originally posted by Tarron

Heh i put 4dr leaf springs in my 97 and the damn thing still sags! I do have a bit of weight in the back though but it sags a good two inches. Im gonna have to go get the double add a leafs and hopefully thatll even it out.

Back