Do I have Navigation System? | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Do I have Navigation System?

I finally had time to go to the dealer (not where I bought it) with the original window sticker in hand.
It lists:
EQUIPMENT GROUP 301A
*VOICE ACT NAVIGATION SYS

They claim that means turn by turn voice instructions. Then he shows me this HVBoM - Features for VIN which has under the section AUDIO - RADIOS: IBA06 ALL RADIOS WITHOUT NAVIGATION

Looks like there's no navigation in my future.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I finally had time to go to the dealer (not where I bought it) with the original window sticker in hand.
It lists:
EQUIPMENT GROUP 301A
*VOICE ACT NAVIGATION SYS

They claim that means turn by turn voice instructions. Then he shows me this HVBoM - Features for VIN which has under the section AUDIO - RADIOS: IBA06 ALL RADIOS WITHOUT NAVIGATION

Looks like there's no navigation in my future.

You gave me your VIN which unless you gave me the wrong one it CLEARLY was produced with NAV (HKCAB NAVIGATION CENTER). Complete and absolute BS on the part of your dealer. Ford needs to step up and correct this issue.

It's the right VIN. I've got 3 different sources saying it has navigation. The only thing that makes sense is that it was supposed to have navigation, but it was built wrong. I tried to argue with them, but they're convinced they're right.

Goto this website, under "vehicle" type your VIN # ....after your vehicle comes up, on the right side under "Minor features" expand the list out and look for "With Navigation System"

If you don't see it listed, then you do not have SD card navigation.

FordEtis home page
I went to the site and put my VIN number but the only thing it shows me is a recall out for my car. The right side just shows my car and color but no drop downs and no other information. I am trying to see if I have NAV when I bought my 2015 Ford Explorer Limited I was told it had NAV and all I needed is the SD card but after buying a card and inserting it nothing happens. I have also tried updating SYNC but when it doesn't show any kind of software installed on my car.

Hi, DixonWilliams!

Congrats on your new Explorer!

To answer your question, if it says INFORMATION in the top, right quadrant, you do not have NAV. However, your dealer is correct; you can use SYNC Services for Turn-by-Turn directions. Here's a link for more info about SYNC Services:

https://secure.syncmyride.com/Own/Modules/SupportContent/SupportDirectoryDriverServices.aspx

Let me know if you have any questions!

Rebecca
What can I do if my SYNC services don't work. It acts like no software is installed on my vehicle.

What can I do if my SYNC services don't work. It acts like no software is installed on my vehicle.
Ford discontinued sync services several years ago ago

I went to the site and put my VIN number but the only thing it shows me is a recall out for my car. The right side just shows my car and color but no drop downs and no other information. I am trying to see if I have NAV when I bought my 2015 Ford Explorer Limited I was told it had NAV and all I needed is the SD card but after buying a card and inserting it nothing happens. I have also tried updating SYNC but when it doesn't show any kind of software installed on my car.
Welcome to the Forum. :wave:
The ETIS site has changed as to what it used to show. I believe that happened a few years ago. What does the 4 quadrant Home screen show for the upper right quadrant? If it says 'Entertainment', then you do not have navigation. I believe that if you had navigation and no SD card installed, it would tell you to insert the SD card.
There is a menu on the 8" MFT display that you can select and that will show you what version of MFT is installed. I believe you have to go into the 'Settings' menu. See page 529 of the Manual (2nd printing).

Peter

Back