Do we have SS fuel lines?

96eb96

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Albany, NY
Year, Model & Trim Level
96 EB V6 OHV 4WD
I had the pleasure of replacing the trans cooler lines (trust me, not fun) but I upgraded them to the 3 piece style so I can install a cooler. If you ever have to do this a crowfoot can go thru the wheel well, in my case I had to hammer a 15mm cause the 5/8" rounded out.

They are not really expensive, and hacking lines wasn't an option because it was leaking close to the flare.

I also replaced leaky PS tubes.

I noticed the fuel lines look factory new. Stainless?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Seems like my fuel lines are rusty nearer the tank so whether some grade of stainless or not, they sure don't look factory new.

You might grab a magnet and see how much attraction it has. Non-stainless steel will have high attraction, low grade stainless moderate, and high grade little to none.

I think only flex-fuel vehicles came with SS fuel lines.

In the first gens its 2 ss lines from the rail to the frame, then turns into a hard line

yes we do. im trying to replace a broken output line from the tank to the filter and they are SS. i also found out that u can't even get those output and return lines any more because u can't even get them from ford anymore. i looked all over online and nothing.

yes we do. im trying to replace a broken output line from the tank to the filter and they are SS. i also found out that u can't even get those output and return lines any more because u can't even get them from ford anymore. i looked all over online and nothing.

You'll have to get them used, I bought one from a source/seller here several years back, Karl was great and did ship it, bent gently in the middle. My original had been twisted at the tank end, the quick connect fittings are difficult to remove.

Anybody tried the Dorman metal-to-nylon connectors with their nylon tubing?

Anybody tried the Dorman metal-to-nylon connectors with their nylon tubing?
i changed my lines from the tank to the filter to nylon after having leaking line issues. i found out from the dealer that ford no longer makes the factory lines anymore . so with my only option was to buy a roll of dorman nylon 3/8 tubing and 2 5/16 and 2 3/8 metal dorman fittings and fuel line clamps not regular hose clamps and made my own lines from the tank to the filter and they seem to work just fine.

Back