Votes: 11 15.1%
  • 101 - 300 Feedback

Votes: 10 13.7%
  • Over 300 Feedback

Votes: 3 4.1%
  • What's eBay??

Votes: 6 8.2%

• Total voters
I have heard of people buying stuff for a fair amount of money and getting an empty box shipped to them. Has anyone else ever heard of this happening? I mean, what could you do if it happened? The seller shows a shipping number and everything and the buyer can't prove it was empty. What a scam. But it is people like that is why I have hardly used it. I have used E-Bay more lately for Explorer parts than I ever have in 2+ years.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Never happened to me, but I did get ripped off a couple times. Just make sure the seller has high positive feedback before you bid.

Im at 13 now, all positives. sold a few things, but mostly bought. Been a member for about 3 yrs. When buying I always check a users rating and how many negatives they have. If their rating is like 3000+ with only like 2-3 negs, then they are pretty trustworthy. And if you go in and read the negative comments it is usually stupid stuff, like the seller didnt respont to their e-mail within 5 minutes of them sending it at 3AM.

Over 300 and 100% positive so far. My selling outweighs my buying probably something like 70% selling. I have sold a vehicle, and also purchased my X through an Ebay seller (but never again on buying one). And I sold a Steinway piano among a few other higher ticket items.

I have had very few buying problems, but didn't do anything about it. I have had some kooks that bought from me, but mostly all have been great. You get a feeling about the buyer and if your going to have problems.

Yes, Ebay is getting harder to use and the little fees peck away at anything you sell that is under $20. I have found that it has become very slow to list an item during the past 6mos, so I am backing off.

126 positives, 100%. Been there 4 yrs or so. 40% selling. One deadbeat bidder. I usually ask the seller a question about the item before buying. Between their feedback and the answer to the question you can usually tell if you want to take the item. Havent been burned yet.

I have been selling since December and have 87 positive feedbacks.
My favorite thing in the whole world is MONEY, So I find anything I can that is on sale or clearance and sell it on e-bay.
Heck You won't believe what I sold yesterday, and for how much.
You know how you can collect the DEW U points to get an Xbox?
Well I sold 100 points for $22.52.
Now that is a pretty good profit for something that was going to go in the garbage.
I will sell anything I can make money off of.
It is kind of funny that the world revolves around a green piece of paper.

Yeah it's amazing what people will buy. My uncle is an antique dealer and he used to go garage saling on Saturdays. He was at on older couples' house and found some ceramic piece of a ladie's head with a hole in it. He asked the price, 50 cents, and bought it. He showed it to a friend and she told him it was called a head vase and was hand painted by an artist who's name was on the bottom. Betty Lou Nichols. He put it on eBay, the auction ended at $1600something. $1600 for .50! eBay is just amazing.

leenjen: Member since: Mar-02-00

over 4 years and only 18 positives, 0 negatives and neutral.

a lot of the things i bought and some things i sold, the other ebayer never left feedback.

Yeah,
I should have more like 130 feedback, I have 99 postive feedback and 0 negative.
I always leave a feedback and half of the time nobody leaves one for me.
I have only been selling for 6 months, I recently had my first problem with a nonpaying bidder,I just sent a second chance offer to the next highest bidder and the item sold in a few hours

i sell and buy on ebay. 178 feedback with 1 neg. i make a lot of money buying things at auctions, then reselling them on ebay.

to anybody who has used ebay, how much of a posting fee would they charge me if i wanted to post an item i wanted to sell for at least 700 dollars? I might be posting a head unit and dvd player and i know they used to charge you a percentage of what your asking for putting an item up for sale so i was just curious what kind of fee im looking at .

thanks for the help !

Mike

I do every now and then. I have 3 feedback, I've bought one thing and sold two things

I sell and buy on Ebay. Almost up to 100 feedback...

I have 2 Ebay accounts. One with 200 feedback (0 negatives and neutral) business account, the other has 69 feedback (1 negatives and 1 neutral) personal account.

LoL .. a binary clock. How .. useful :p

mechanic021 said:
to anybody who has used ebay, how much of a posting fee would they charge me if i wanted to post an item i wanted to sell for at least 700 dollars? I might be posting a head unit and dvd player and i know they used to charge you a percentage of what your asking for putting an item up for sale so i was just curious what kind of fee im looking at .

thanks for the help !

Mike

Here's a link to the fees:

http://pages.ebay.com/help/sellerguide/selling-fees.html

You'll have a listing fee and then final value fee. If you use Paypal figure another 3% of the entire amount transfered.

I have +1 feedback. no negative or neutral.

Its from buying "The Legend Of Zelda" for my NES :)

84 100% positive feedback on buying and selling.

I almost always check eBay first, if for no other reason to see what things are worth (that being what people are willing to pay) and then I may shop other places or look for deals there.

It used to be that eBay was a pretty good place to find bargains, but lately everyone seems to be making their money on shipping and handling fees, so I can buy locally for less, but eBay is still my favorite place to "rummage" clean my garage.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I have a 105 all positive ebay rating. I too look there to see what people are paying for things. Some of the things I buy off of there I cant find anywhere else...especially since the WB stores closed.

Back