Do you have 2006 Ex with OEM NAV & Sirius? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Do you have 2006 Ex with OEM NAV & Sirius?

pinfante

Reaction score
City, State
NJ
Year, Model & Trim Level
2006 Explorer
If so, do you have a single antenna for both Sirius and NAV, or two separate antennas? If so, where are they?

I hear that Sirius antenna can be used by NAV too. Then I hear not.

So confused at this point.

Thanks.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

If so, do you have a single antenna for both Sirius and NAV, or two separate antennas? If so, where are they?

I hear that Sirius antenna can be used by NAV too. Then I hear not.

So confused at this point.

Thanks.

Separate for the 2006. The Nav (GPS) antenna is under the dash near the speedo cluster and the sat radio is on the roof.

Thanks. Something else now.

SO I installed this used Nav system in my 2006 Ex, came out of a 2007 Ex. I just noticed now that the 'hard' buttons don't light up when I put the headlights on, and the screen doesn't shift to night mode either (have it set for Auto).

Is this some sort of programming thing?

Thanks.

Thanks. Something else now.

SO I installed this used Nav system in my 2006 Ex, came out of a 2007 Ex. I just noticed now that the 'hard' buttons don't light up when I put the headlights on, and the screen doesn't shift to night mode either (have it set for Auto).

Is this some sort of programming thing?

Thanks.

I don't think they actually lit up. I've removed my factory system a while back though and can't remember for sure.c

the nav needs to be reprogrammed to your car. the buttons will light up and everything will work when reprogrammed at dealer.

Is that done with the Ford IDS software with the unit in the car?

Back