• Register Today It's free!

Do you have a Superchip?

mike91

Reaction score
City, State
Yonkers, NY
Year, Model & Trim Level
91 EB
I am looking for feedback on the Superchip. I once purchased the JET chip around a year and a half and was unsatisfied with its "dollar per power" ratio. I did not feel much of a difference in driveability. So I keep seeing this Superchips - Adds 16-21hp and 25-32 ft.lb. torque. Is this true or just over-hype like all the other chips claiming to give you 15hp. Please let me know your year, engine, mods prior to the S.Chip and whether you felt a worthwhile difference.

Thanks,
M.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I have one in my 93. Really like it. Had it in for about 20,000 miles, then removed it when I ran the supercharger. Then when I removed the supercharger, put it back in. Has been another 20,000+ miles since then. To me there is a noticable difference.

Gloria
93 EB Explorer (heavily modified)
94 F150 Lightning

94 Sport, 5 spd. trans., 31x10.50 tires. 3.73 ring and pinion ratio
Mods to date in order of installation:
1) Disconnected vacuum hose to hot air mix valve in intake.
2) Insulated with aluminized foam tape as much of the intake system as I could.
3) Installatiom of Flowmaster catback exhaust system.
4) K & N air filter

These mods made a noticeable difference in
power, not a large increase but noticeable.

Next was the Superchip. I chose the chip that requires 89 octance fuel more most benefit. (The other was for use with 87 octane)
With the chip, there was another gain in
power. I am quite satisfied so far. The rig now has the power I fell is adequate for my needs.
As a note of interest, I switched to 87 octane fuel 4 fillups ago. There has been a barely noticeable drop in engine power. I may stay with 87 octane as the average price for 87 is about $1.389 vs no less then $1.499 for 89.(Pacific Northwest)

------------------

Have a '91 XLT with a Vortech Supercharger, 2.5 JBA Headers with a 2.5 Flowmaster exhuast system from the headers to the Cat and to the tail pipe. Added the Superchip because I was not getting the performance from the supercharger that I wanted. It did help change that. Had it custom made to run with the charger.

I have a Superchip in my 4.0 Ranger. At first I was really unimpressed by what the Superchip did. But after I gave it about 500 miles of break-in time, I was sold on it. I think this mod is well worth the money.

------------------
1994 Ford Ranger 4.0L 4x4 5spd
Mods: K&N, 63mm T-body, Superchip

Have my Expey and Explorer superchipped..
Tried the JET/Hyper/ and another one I forget..Go superchip or NO chip! Others are
junk.
rr

Back