Do you have an idea where to put these 510 PIAA lights on my rig? | Ford Explorer - Ford Ranger Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

Do you have an idea where to put these 510 PIAA lights on my rig?

gmanpaint

It's Always Something!
Staff member
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
MO MO
Year, Model & Trim Level
94 & 95 XLT's
I got these today. Got a great deal on them, I couldn't pass.

I would like to hear some ideas on where to install them. I will be getting a light bar on the roof, i have 2 rectangle 100 watt off road lights for it already. I have 2 round 100 watt lights behind my billit grill now. I have 2 55 watt driving lights under my bumper. I will have 2 55 watt lights on the rear of my roof basket.

So, I want to incorporate these 85 watt fogs. I am going to have to change things up a bit, so lets hear your ideas.

picture.php

Before you say it, no they are not going on your rig..lol!

<

Join the Elite Explorers $20 Gets rid of the ads!

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create and save more private conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

cybergasm

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Humboldt Ks
Year, Model & Trim Level
1997 Mountaineer 5.0
I stick by my idea of putting them on the bumper in FRONT of the grille.:cool:

<

jlsparky7

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Woodhaven, Mi
Year, Model & Trim Level
1996 5.0 XLT AWD
Or could do a roof rack mount.

<

Donner

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Natomas/Irvine
Year, Model & Trim Level
01 Sp 03 XLT 4x4s, Scion
<

cybergasm

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Humboldt Ks
Year, Model & Trim Level
1997 Mountaineer 5.0
<

<

Bill Kemp

Elite Moderator Emeritus
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
Greenville, MI
Year, Model & Trim Level
98 Mountaineer 5.0 AWD
Replace the driving lights you have under the bumper with the PIAA fog lights. Driving lights down that low dont do much anyway.

<

IZwack

Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
Germantown, MD
Year, Model & Trim Level
1998 Ford Explorer
<

cybergasm

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Humboldt Ks
Year, Model & Trim Level
1997 Mountaineer 5.0
bah to me that so 80's

<

toypaseo

Flunked daycare
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
outside shovelling snow
Year, Model & Trim Level
................ 96 XLT ™
Pointing back, for tailgaters :shifty_ey

CIMG1325Medium.jpg

<

gmanpaint

It's Always Something!
Staff member
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
MO MO
Year, Model & Trim Level
94 & 95 XLT's
If i put them under the bumper, they will get broken while wheeling. On top of the bumper would be ok, as long as they dont get ripped off! I like the behind the grill the best though,they will be protected from everything. The billet grill lets the light through just fine. Now I have to think of what to do with the round off roads that are there now. I dont think 2 round and 2 rectangle lights will look good on the light bar on the roof.

<

gmanpaint

It's Always Something!
Staff member
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
MO MO
Year, Model & Trim Level
94 & 95 XLT's
I installed the 510's (yellow fogs) behind the Billet Grill.
picture.php

The other 6" round 100 watt lights are going on the top of the bumper, on the other Explorer (94).
picture.php

The 100 watt rectangle lights are on the front of the roof basket for now. When my custom made (corkey) light bar arrives, they will be moved. The roof basket spun 180* and the mounts will get a pair of mini 55 watt lights, pointing at an angle downwards.
The roof basket lights will be connected using a trailer plug for ease of removing the basket.
basket lights
picture.php

the minis for the rear of the basket
picture.php

I installed 2 bright white led bolts under the bumper, using an existing hole from my valence (removed). They point to the ground at a slight angle towards the front of the tires. I have 2 more to go in the back, same way. I also got theses nifty Pilot white led strips made for driving lights. They are going to be front and back rock lights. Two 12 volt 10" clear plastic tube encased fluorescent are going under in the middle, on both sides of the rig.
picture.php

And the LED bolts
picture.php

and the tube rock lights
picture.php

I have a terrible night blindness. I want to be able to see when night wheeling. I have thought this through, and will aim all lights as not to blind the persons wheeling with me.
I have replaced the stock head lights with Sylvainia silver stars.

I have all lights & wires, and am just waiting for the light bar for install to be complete. Another 2 weeks. :(
picture.php

Meanwhile, the 95 is getting lift springs and a new set of RS 9000XL's!
picture.php

Yeah Baby!

<

Paraphoe

Go big or go home
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Willow Grove, PA
Year, Model & Trim Level
'97 XLT
I love it - one of those "what the hell am I gonna do with these but the price is too good to pass up" deals, LOL.

Put em on the bumper offset from the ones behind the grill?

<

<

<

<

<

AE86PandaDude

Reaction score
City, State
Kent, WA
Year, Model & Trim Level
'97 XLT
how bout you mount them under the rig point out so that you got lights on the side and it would really help if u need to stop and get out to check something out. my neighbor did that to his '78 f150.

<

justjrob

Reaction score
City, State
SC
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 XLS
Hey how are your lights mounted on the roof basket? I have the same one and wanna do something similar.

<

Join the Elite Explorers $20 Gets rid of the ads!

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create and save more private conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

<