Dodge Caravan wheel cylinder question | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Dodge Caravan wheel cylinder question

scott.475

Reaction score
City, State
Washington State
Year, Model & Trim Level
'94 4wd Explorer
I need to replace both wheel cylinders on my 97 Grand Caravan 3.0. I see that they are available in a 13/16" bore size or a 3/4" bore size. Anyone know why the difference? The Dodge dealer I called could not tell me why there was a difference. I DO know that the cylinders I have on there now have been rubbed by the brake drum, wearing the rubber boots completely through. I am wondering if they introduced the 3/4" cylinders to eliminate this problem, but the service guy said he had never heard of that specific problem before.

So, which size do I need to go with?

You may be right about what your thinking. However, another advantage of having a smaller bore size/surface area is to bump up the pressure. Thats like trying to push water through a water pipe - pretty easy to flow through. Push the water through a tiny little straw - pressure increases. I guess you could take the piston out (not hard to do) and just measure the inside to see which one you have

-Drew

Back