Does 2007 4.0 explorer have an IAC? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Does 2007 4.0 explorer have an IAC?

rpink0077

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2007 explorer
I'm experiencing an idle problem with my 2007 explorer 4.0. It idles rough for a few mins and then up to normal some. I've replaced throttle body, maf, pugs and wires, new air filter. I am thinking their is no IAC due to it having electric throttle control. Is this correct because I cannot find an IAC anywhere. Appreciate any help. Thanks

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

2004 and newer are electronic throttle control aka drive by wire. Scan for trouble codes, check engine light or not.

No check engine light. Had the injectors cleaned about 30,000 miles ago. One thing that bothers me is that I was supposed to have tranny fluid changed and place I took it to drained a few quarts out and didn't flush it like supposed to be done. Could this have anything to do with it, this problem began right after that trip.

Could be your trans is running low on fluid that explains why you seem to have a rough idle. You can feel the shake most on driver seat or underneath like a pulse or something. How did you drain you fluid?

I took it to a Goodyear after they assured me that they use the flush machine and do not drop the pan. They ended up draining a few quarts and then putting a few back in somehow. I guess it's going to the ford house to get some proper. Thanks

Back