Does anybody have photo of KKM on '91-'94 4L? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Does anybody have photo of KKM on '91-'94 4L?

blackcrowe

Reaction score
City, State
Tampa, FL
Year, Model & Trim Level
'92 EB/SPORT 4x4
Just curious as to what it looks like. Also, does it replace everything?(airbox, and plastic tubing that goes to the TB). I'm kind of debating whether to get this or not.

Anyway, thanks in advance.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I do but can't post it until I get home.

Originally posted by Bashman
I do but can't post it until I get home.

Thanks Bashman, yea i was wondering if it is a big improvement over the K&N drop in.

blackcrowe,
I had the K&N drop-in and I never recieved the better gas mileage or felt the performance. The KKM kit is drastically different. Your engine gets louder, your gas mileage increases[depending on how you drive] and it gives a just bit more pick up with your acceleration.
Anyways, check out my cardomain page right below this, I think they're on the 3rd page.
Apologize for the dust, it's an old pic of my old truck.
251188_10_full.jpg

I second that, A drop in is hard to notice.
A cone filter gives a difference you can feel immediately.
Definitely worth doing the mod, IMO.

Theres some pics in my mod thread in my sig, but it looks like brokenmans.... well without all that ugly dust!
:p

Originally posted by brokenman
blackcrowe,
I had the K&N drop-in and I never recieved the better gas mileage or felt the performance. The KKM kit is drastically different. Your engine gets louder, your gas mileage increases[depending on how you drive] and it gives a just bit more pick up with your acceleration.
Anyways, check out my cardomain page right below this, I think they're on the 3rd page.
Apologize for the dust, it's an old pic of my old truck.
251188_10_full.jpg

Thanks Brokeman,

Is it fairly easy to install??

I was_also wondering if there was a good way to clean that air tube(whatever you call it) that goes from the air box to TB?? I imagine its probably dirty as hell on the inside.

It is very easy to install. It comes with instructions but here is the link I printed and used.KKM installation

Just remove the entire tube and wash it out. Just be SURE that its dry inside before re instilation.

blackcrowe,
that air tube is plastic/rubber stuff, it comes off with a flathead screwdriver at each end and then you can clean it how you see fit. The inside of mine wasn't dirty though, surprisingly clean, guess the filter was doing it's job.
ld50,
you should see the engine compartment of my 5.0, spotless.... LOL

Back