Does anybody have...

Everdream

Reaction score
City, State
Lakewood WA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2002 Explorer Limited
Hello,
I have a 2002 Ford Explorer Limited that was hit by a moron.
I was wondering if anyone has some real high quality pictures of a 2002 ford explorer with the bumper cover removed.
https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-.../w4U0318g4fc/w640-h480-no/20131023_153418.jpg
I'm mainly looking to see if I can replace the "Metal bar" that connects to/between the frame rails because it was bent when the fellow rammed my truck. I need to repair this cheap because as of now I'm unemployed, and they seem to think that if someone hits a stopped vehicle, its the personals fault because of the way I'm facing. I haven't been able to find this year of truck at any yards around here with a complete front end. thanks!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

So many views and no pictures makes me a sad panda!

it's funny because I was rearended a couple of days ago and while it did nothing to the back it totally hammered the front when I slammed the guy in front of me. I have the bumper cover off today but won't be able to get any pictures of it til tomorrow evening due to no daylight and absolutely horrible weather plaguing Missouri at this moment. sit tight and I will get one for you. if you can send me a pm with your email and I will send it there.

Sweet, can do, Im looking specifically for how that metal bar that is attached to the frame rails? wondering if it has to be welded or what, the guy really jacked up my bumper down in the passenger side corner, I'm missing the fog lamp, the plastic insert, the plate holder...all of it...so pissed, cause he did it two weeks after i got this truck.
IMG_20140301_154143610_HDR.jpg
The bar I'm talking about is here, the bungi cord is hooked to it and the plastic in front of it is broken.

That should be just your inner "crash bar" bumper support, Im selling my explorer bumper in the next day or two if the guy can get here in the ice and I get it off in time lol. If you still need pics then I will grab some so you have some of a fairly straight front end bare. I know they hit a deer with mine before I bought it, but the cover didn't get damage beyond a cracked foglight so should be pretty good still underneath.

prolly better looking that that ^^ :p Thanks man.

Will have pictures for you tomorrow in the daylight, got the cover and crash bar off tonight but didn't have enough light for a good pic. After having pulled it though, and looking at your picture, your probably going to need to straighten your bracket on the end of the frame rail. Good hammer and big pliers should get you straight enough to bolt a new crash bar on. The crash bar has studs that stick into that bracket at the end of the frame rail. Two 15mm nuts per side. Bumper cover is real easy to pull also, pull the front section of your splash gaurds/inner fender liners(3 Phillips head screws and some push clips, then look up where the cover meets the fender, two more 10mm bolts on each side then on the bottom just to the inside and straight down from each foglamp there is one more 10mm bolt on each side. A few clip things across the top of the cover and its off. You'll probably want to pop your headlights out, and maybe the grille, but those are easy enough too.

Got some Excellent pics from Shannon, Thanks! now If I can get the money and actually find a "Full body color" Black bumper cover/trim pieces id be set!

yeah,
I am on the hunt for an eddie bauer front bumper cover. if anybody in Missouri or central Illinois has one in red/gold holler out. :eek: I need one!!!

I have a Black Limited, and can only find the ones with the textured bottom which makes me sad, I really liked my all black, I will find another one. Sadly I have very very little money to spend.

Sorry so late, going to post one anyway so I can figure out how to post pics to threads here. May help a future searcher anyway.
20140306_171842_zpsv6loqtkb.jpg

Forgot to grab a pic before pulling the header panel but it's a bolt on item anyway so as long as your sheet metal/nose whatever looks like this, should be able to bolt back up and go. Did you get yours apart yet? How did your frame brackets look?

Well, the guy hit mine side to side, and not that hard, I think the brackets are fine, just my plastic is bent and the middle part of that bar is dented in. I couldn't see through my plastic to find the bolts. I have pics from shannon with the header and crash bar attached as a great reference, and this one is a really good help to see it all part. I put a measuring tape on the frame rail itself and they are both "in line" with the same side to side measurements. So I hope I can just bolt on a new bar, and than get the complete front bumper cover (with the plate holder, and center trim rings and the right side fog lamp holder) and have it look as good as new.
Edit: I just noticed there's more pics in the album and based on the close ups I am sure the brackets aren't bent or pushed back.

Good deal man, as far as bolt locations, you'll want to pull the front fender liner sections (3 screws each side and some push in clips, then where the fender and bumper cover meet on each side there are two 10 mm bolts, one on each side under the very bottom almost in line with the frame rails, then it just kind of clips in to the header panel in I think 5 places across the top of the cover. If the header panel is damaged, it has two 8mm screws on each end, two on the inside of the headlight area and one straight down in the center below the hood latch. The black plastic thing that clips in around in front of the radiator is hiding it.

edit, the pic above gives a good idea of where that last header panel bolt will be hiding, if you have to change that too.

Luckily for me, I don't think I'll have to mess with the header, The Damage is limited to that bottom right side and the crash bar. Most of the damage he did was into the license Plate holder which is now non existent :p

Back