Does anybody now how to install an overhead console in an 02 XLT | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Does anybody now how to install an overhead console in an 02 XLT

fatatack911

Reaction score
City, State
lake in the hills IL.
Year, Model & Trim Level
02 XLs
Does anybody now how to install an overhead console in an 02 XLT
if u have pic of where i need to cut into head liner, that would be great.

Also what would be the best way and place to bring up power to the roof for a ligh bar.

Thanks

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Do you have a pic of that area of your vehicle as it is now? I'll go get a couple pics from my console to see if that helps any -

That the best pic i got

Attachments

• CIMG1232_320x240.JPG
    CIMG1232_320x240.JPG
    34.8 KB · Views: 320

same space...

this one is held in by a couple of screws... maybe 5. the power supply was run from behind the dash, up the a pillar and through the lining - don't cut yet though! If you need specifics, and you don't get them posted here, i will pm you the name and number of Ray, the man that put this together...

looking to do this to my ex also....but I dont want to cut my head liner.

I was hoping that their might be holes ready in the roof for the console and power already ran up there .....
any tips?

Thanks!

Hmm... Yours is a Sport. I haven't removed that one yet, that I recall. If no one has done it, I'll take pics in the morning of an 01 Sport... how's that?

Hmm... Yours is a Sport. I haven't removed that one yet, that I recall. If no one has done it, I'll take pics in the morning of an 01 Sport... how's that?

well its actually an XLS sport....at least thats what it said when I looked up the vin on carfax....

Back