Does anyone have one of these/4x4 04' F150 Supercab (new body) | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Does anyone have one of these/4x4 04' F150 Supercab (new body)

Kyle0614

Reaction score
City, State
Greenville, NC
Year, Model & Trim Level
'95 XLT
http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.j...nsmission=&doors=&max_price=14000&cardist=500

If so I want opinions on how you like it what type of mileage do you get on a full tank , some of them have manual 4wd and electronic 4wd...is the electronic shift on the fly and is the manual worked in only at standstill? I may want to get me something like this at the end of this year or early 09' so I can completely fix the X...thx for any replies.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I bought my '05 4x2 Supercrew a few months ago, and I'm very happy with it. Actually my wife love to drive it, she just dosn't like parking it:rolleyes: Milage so far is probally 14-15 around town and on the highway 17-19 I'd say. It rides better with some weight in the bed, but thats every truck. Let me know if you have any other questions, I'll be glad to answer.;)

f150.jpg

thx

I have an '05 SCrew 4x4 with the 3 valve 5.4 motor in it and we get 15-16 around town and 18-20 on the highway. Great truck!:thumbsup:

I have that truck but in a crew cab with the 5.4, I get about 400 miles on a tank with highway driving and about 320 city driving with a full tank. Its got the electronic 4wd and I dont have any complaints about it so far. Its been a great truck so far.

DSC00834.jpg

wtf? why are the X's so poor on full tanks? i only get like 330-345 on nothing but highway i love X's though would like to have one of those trucks also...

i guess the f-150's have huge tanks???

I had (pictured behind my Mustang) an '04 STX with the 4.6L and it wasn't any better than the 5.4L on gas mileage. 14-18 mixed, 17-18 highway dedicated. Rode awesome, I'd get another one, I changed jobs and had to give it back.

DSCF0749.jpg

Here are literally the only other pics I have of it- when every piston on my rear calipers broke. Not sure why, but it wa a WTF moment when they pulled them off at work. Notice the OSHA approved use of jackstands- and this was our techs doing it! Yikes...

100_2541.jpg

100_2536.jpg

I had a manual 4x4 shift, and I shifted it when moving anywhere between 1mph to 65 mph with no problems ever, no clunking, nothing- over 2 years. Probably shouldn't have, but I did. :( However, the manual 4x4 shift stick also made a handy place to put my laptop desk! Got a piece of wood veneer shalving, stapled some non-slide drawer liner onto it, put it under the armrest, set it on the top of the shift knob, and I could Andretti into a turn and my HP would stay firmly planted! :D

wheel.jpg

By the way- we had 6 of them at work, and we had 3 transmissions go out on the 4.6L trucks, they do not get the heavier tranny that the 5.4L gets. One at 32,000 miles, mine at 38,000 miles and the other at 56,000 miles. The price they are asking is high. If it has 99,000+ on it, it most likely needs tires, those are stockers on it. When we were going to trade them, we all had around 90,000 - 130,000 miles, and we were offered between $6,000 and $8,000 in trade. No matter what KBB says, these trucks plummet after 100,000 because there are so many of them out there. That XLT is not a high option truck. That appears to be a bare bones XLT to me, it's at best a $10,000 truck, they don't say which V8 it has. If it's the 4.6L, I'd lop another $1,000 off the price.
Still overall an awesome truck... But I wouldn't trade Snowball!

my god joe this is getting just strange now...we like the same vehicles lol I love the 86-93 5.0's, f-150's and of course explorer's 2nd gen preferably but, i am taking a liking to a 02' Mounty V8 awd can pick one up around here within a few hundred miles for 8,000...

BTW i don't think i would have gave it back lol...i'd be like let me hold her for about another year or so if you guys want me back and increase my salary lol

my brother in law has that same excat 04 f150 supercab but in white I have driven it many times it has the 5.4 liter triton

Back