Does anyone here Mountain Bike? | Ford Explorer - Ford Ranger Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free! Once registered you can join the Elite Explorers to eliminate ads from the website.

Does anyone here Mountain Bike?

TheFox88

Reaction score
City, State
Flagstaff, Arizona
Year, Model & Trim Level
'92 Sport
So, i thought it would be cool to see how many people on this board also share a love for a different kind of trail. :) What kind of biking do you do and what kind of bike/setup do you have? Anything serious or just weekend warrior type stuff? Do you like the trails around where you live? Just general stuff about biking.

I have been out for a while, but since gas prices started going up i decided to invest in a new bike. I will be getting a new Specialized Hardrock Pro early next week. I like to do freeride/cross country/singletrack, or pretty much anything that involves going fast, preferably with air :D.
Here's a pic:

06HardrockProDisc_Wht_d.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

boominXplorer

Elite Ranger
Reaction score
City, State
Virginia Beach, Va
Year, Model & Trim Level
00 4x4 Mounty
I was planning on getting a new specialized if the gas prices didn't go down but so far so good with them.

Nice bike, Ihave a haro F4 freestyle but have been lookingfor a good MTB for a little while

puck_11

Reaction score
City, State
Saint Cloud, MN
Year, Model & Trim Level
98 Sport
I ride a Gary Fisher Sugar 1, full XTR. Best bike for cross country I've ever riden. I ride mostly single track but I've done some downhill rides in Moab and Winterpark. Although on those rides I wish I had discs and a lot more suspension :eek:

TheFox88

Reaction score
City, State
Flagstaff, Arizona
Year, Model & Trim Level
'92 Sport
Sweet! Pics of your bikes are welcome. :D I am really excited to get back into riding, so anything that will stoke me further is welcome.:D

Stic-o

Elite Movie Star
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Lake View Terrace, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
'91 Navajo '99 X '19 Rngr
I have a mt. bike and use to ride it alot! Then I got a 4wd :rolleyes:

Now my Gary Fisher just sits. :( I really need to do some work on it and get back to riding it.

dman726749

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Greenwood Indiana
Year, Model & Trim Level
96 xlt
i ride...when ever i get a chance...only about once a week if that anymore.....mostly singletrack because thats all there really is here.......as for a bike...right now its just a mongoose soemthing or other, nothing special.....

MONMIX

I fix dents
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
Millersville , Maryland
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 Explorer Sport
I have a GT, that I pretty much built my self.

It has loads of dust on it :(

falls guy

Reaction score
City, State
St. Catherines, ON
Year, Model & Trim Level
'91 XLT
I try and ride as much as I can, not enough though. My eight year old boy is really into it. He wears the tread off of his front tire once a year! Front! That's alot of miles. The bike works great for speccing out trails for the Ex.

AspenX

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Garland, TX Aspen,Co
Year, Model & Trim Level
99 EB 4x4,04 Z06 Corvette
Just got in an hour ago from 18 miles of good XC singletrack, my favorite kind of riding. I like the Colorado trails alot better than Dallas, but you got to ride where you are, right.
My bike is a Specialized S-Works FSR. Bling specs. S-Works frame with full XTR Titanium package. XTR front and rear Ds, XTR cassette, brakes, and XTR dual control :cool: shifter-brake levers < love those. S-works carbon bar, FSA carbon cranks, and Time ATAC carbon pedals. Fox float rear shock and a Fox Forx Float 100 RLC fork. Bontrager Valiant wheels laced with Hugi 240 hubs and DT Swiss titanium spokes. Oh and a red and gold Cris King headset.
Now If I could tweek a bunch more horses out of the engine ;) I'd be all set.

:banghead: Man I need to workout.

96limitedX

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
i have like a $400 mongoose..that i neevr use..its like a year old. lolbut i would like to get out more with it.

TheFox88

Reaction score
City, State
Flagstaff, Arizona
Year, Model & Trim Level
'92 Sport
AspenX said:
Just got in an hour ago from 18 miles of good XC singletrack, my favorite kind of riding. I like the Colorado trails alot better than Dallas, but you got to ride where you are, right.
My bike is a Specialized S-Works FSR. Bling specs. S-Works frame with full XTR Titanium package. XTR front and rear Ds, XTR cassette, brakes, and XTR dual control :cool: shifter-brake levers < love those. S-works carbon bar, FSA carbon cranks, and Time ATAC carbon pedals. Fox float rear shock and a Fox Forx Float 100 RLC fork. Bontrager Valiant wheels laced with Hugi 240 hubs and DT Swiss titanium spokes.
Now If I could tweek a bunch more horses out of the engine ;) I'd be all set.

:banghead: Man I need to workout.
Now THAT is one heck of a nice bike! :cool: How much did that cost you? I bet it was almost as much as my X. LOL! Wish i had that much money to spend on a bike.

Anyone else enjoy crosscountry? What are some favorite trails?

timmac06

Reaction score
City, State
new jersey
Year, Model & Trim Level
97 xlt awd 5.0
This bike has some hard downhill miles on it. specialized fsr enduro comp 5" of travel front and rear. rear lockout shock, hyd disc, (none of that cable crap)
best bike I have ever owned.

Attachments

• IMG_2012.jpg
    IMG_2012.jpg
    82.6 KB · Views: 1,157

TheFox88

Reaction score
City, State
Flagstaff, Arizona
Year, Model & Trim Level
'92 Sport
Nice!

celly

disturber of the peace
Reaction score
City, State
calgary
Year, Model & Trim Level
99 eb 5.0 awd
I have three bikes, all made by Rocky Mountain (awesome Canadian company!). An Instinct (full suspension XC), a Vertex SC (scandium frame hardtail, very light and nimble) and a Hammer (steel hardtail, doubles as a commuter from time to time, but very trail worthy). All nicely tricked out with lots of very sweet goodies.

I used to ride a ton. My wife and I had a baby 11 months ago and our weekly jaunt out to the Canadian Rockies stopped. I'm also pretty swamped with work as a Controller with a very busy woodworking machinery company in a turnaround stage.

My wife has a very sweet Trek Fuel, lots of high-end components. We just scored a top of the line Chariot trailer and that's been getting us out on the bikes a bit more. I love riding, but just can't find the time these days (lame excuse). My wife and I met via a mountainbiking website not unlike this site. I've met hundreds from that site, including the best man at my wedding. It's a great pastime that I do miss and have to get more time in the saddle as evidenced by my ever expanding girth! ;)

FROADER

Staff member
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Huntington Beach, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
1991 Eddie
I've got the same bike as timmac06. Very sweet bike! I do all kinds of riding. I love to go to Snow Summit or Mammoth and take the chairs up and have a long ride down.

Stic-o

Elite Movie Star
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Lake View Terrace, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
'91 Navajo '99 X '19 Rngr
Wow! I guess I need to dump my fisher and trade up, When I bought it you had to a few grand to get anything with susp. Hell even the stupid Rock Shox forks were almost the cost of the bike then :rolleyes:

Albino 94LTD

Recovering from Moab 2016
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Newcastle Wa
Year, Model & Trim Level
White 94 Limited
Callsign
KG7PKQ
1996 Specialized Ground Control AIM, XTR V brakes, Ritchey Ti pedals, Hugi hubs, Judy XC fork w/ Total Air cartridges, Sweetwings cranks, SRAM 9.0 shifters and rear derailuer, XTR front derailuer.

I stopped racing more than 10 years ago at age 36. Cross country Mtb biking was my off season activity. My specialty was Time trials and Crits. I also did road races and a season on the track.

At one time I had 6 bikes and rode them all. :D

Fish Man

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Chattanooga TN
Year, Model & Trim Level
1995 Explorer XLT
i love to ride. 2x a week usually if school crap doesnt get in the way. our school has the biggest campus in the world (26,000 acres) with quite a good bit of trails...fire roads, single tracks, lots of climbs and downhills. I ride a 2000 trek 6000 (which i bought from a member here) hardtail which i have tricked out with a 2005 rock shox duke xc, 2005 lx crankset/bb, easton ct10 bars, deore brake levers and 9 speed shifters, lx 9 speed cassette, lx front and rear deraileur, bontrager fs2000 saddle, xt v brakes, wellgo clipless. so pretty much i built mine up lx where as yall built them up xtr :p rode 20 some miles on friday and 30 some saturday...pretty much i live to ride...ive even got 2 bikes at school so that my nice bike doesnt have to serve class commuting duty ;)

TheFox88

Reaction score
City, State
Flagstaff, Arizona
Year, Model & Trim Level
'92 Sport
Sweet bikes guys! Glad to see there are plenty of us on here. Woot! I get to go riding on sunday down in Sedona! I love living here. :D

Join the Elite Explorers $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

TheFox88

Reaction score
City, State
Flagstaff, Arizona
Year, Model & Trim Level
'92 Sport
Anyone else? Common, I know there has to be more who love just the sound of pedaling and your own breathing. :D I love it!