Does anyone in Colorado have... | Ford Explorer - Ford Ranger Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

Does anyone in Colorado have...

Heath

Elite Moderator Intoxicator
Elite Explorer
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
Rigby, ID
Year, Model & Trim Level
00 Excursion (THE BUS)
A trailer that I could use to move a 67 Galaxie about 10-12 miles??? Or anyone that would be willing to do the towing for me if they don't want to let some schmoe that they barely know borrow their trailer...

I'd really appreciate it... It would save me the trouble of renting a tow dolly from U-Haul and hoping that the car fits...

<

Join the Elite Explorers $20 Gets rid of the ads!

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create and save more private conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

mattadams

Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
Longmont, CO
Year, Model & Trim Level
2017 Explorer Sport
Heath, good seein ya again bud :). You may want to talk to Brett, I was just over looking at his trailer as a matter of fact, I'm sure he'd have no problem letting you use it. He was going to let me borrow it to california and back so 10-12 miles probably isn't too long. A 67 galaxie... we used a body of one of those to fill in a mine shaft up in the mountains one day! Long story, LOL.

<

Perry

Elite Explorer
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
Loveland Co.
Year, Model & Trim Level
1994 XLT
Heath,
What are you doing with a Galaxie?
I take it it doesn't run, but you could toe it?
I wished I could help, but I would think you could find someone closer then I am.
Good Luck

<

rustytr

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Leadville, Colorado
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 Sport
Heath, I saw you at king soopers on tuesday at about 4:30. I live right across from the phil long ford now. Just moved in on tuesday, WOOHOO!:D

<

rustytr

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Leadville, Colorado
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 Sport
Oh yeah, when would you need the trailer, my step dad can always get one?

<

Heath

Elite Explorer
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
Rigby, ID
Year, Model & Trim Level
00 Excursion (THE BUS)
Hey Rusty I need to move the car by the last week of the month... I'm moving to a house finally... Rening it but still better than an apartment... Where did you end up moving to??? And why the hell didn't you say hi when you saw me??? I live at Miralago until the end of this month then I'm moving over closer to old down town littleton... Anyway if you can hook me up with a trailer for an afternoon that would be great... Then all I have to do is figure out how to get the damn car upon it...

<

rustytr

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Leadville, Colorado
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 Sport
Miralogo, is that next to the Pines at marston lake? That's where I live. I looked to rent a house in old downtown littleton but there was nothing available.:mad: The trailer he has is made specifically for putting cars on(I've hauled a few of my junkers on it) and it has ramps. When I saw you at the store I was in line at the customer service counter getting money orders for my apartment and they closed in 10 minutes so I was in a huge hurry, sorry about that. I could almost definately get the trailer by the end of the month. Just let me know a specific date.:)

[Edited by rustytr on 01-12-2001 at 08:10 AM]

<

Heath

Elite Explorer
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
Rigby, ID
Year, Model & Trim Level
00 Excursion (THE BUS)
rustyr can you give me a call at the office today and we can work something out??? 303 313-6181 that would be great or you can call my cell 303 324-8376... The sooner the better I think so that I can get it out of my hair and into the new spot... Then I think I'll actually start working on it...

Heath

[Edited by Heath on 01-12-2001 at 10:07 AM]

<

rustytr

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Leadville, Colorado
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 Sport
Sure, I'll get ahold of my step dad and see about the trailer, then I'll give you a call.

<

Heath

Elite Explorer
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
Rigby, ID
Year, Model & Trim Level
00 Excursion (THE BUS)
Hey Rusty

I'm needing to move the car this weekend... Can you still get a trailer for me??? I need to know ASAP so that I can make other arangments if you can't get ahold of one...

Thanks for the help...

Or if anyone else has one that I can use that would be great!!!

<

rustytr

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Leadville, Colorado
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 Sport
I'm going up to Greely on Friday and I'm trying to get ahold of them right now. I'm going to get a love seat;) but I will tow the trailer back down. Give me an hour or two to find out. I'll let you know buddy.

<

<

rustytr

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Leadville, Colorado
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 Sport
Hey Heath, I was able to get the trailer and a truck to tow it if you'd like the help:D Ah yes me and this truck have got some stories but that's a whole different post. I'll get a hold of you at that number you left here, if that wont work just post a way I can get ahold of you. Talk to ya later.

[Edited by rustytr on 01-24-2001 at 07:11 PM]

<

mattadams

Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
Longmont, CO
Year, Model & Trim Level
2017 Explorer Sport
Heath, do you need something to tow it with or were you planning on towing with the Explorer?

<

Heath

Elite Explorer
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
Rigby, ID
Year, Model & Trim Level
00 Excursion (THE BUS)
GREAT...

Well I was planning on using the explorer... Unless you guys think I should do otherwise... I don't have an actual hitch on the explorer yet... Just the ball on the bumper that was on it when I bought it... And there is a 4 wire connector under the bumper too...

[Edited by Heath on 01-24-2001 at 07:50 PM]

<

Perry

Elite Explorer
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
Loveland Co.
Year, Model & Trim Level
1994 XLT
Have Matt pull it. He is JUST waiting to pull something with that new truck!!!!!!

<

mattadams

Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
Longmont, CO
Year, Model & Trim Level
2017 Explorer Sport
well... I don't know how much the galaxy weighs, but Im sure the trailer is over 1000 pounds. I think the ball on the bumper is recommended only for 500 pounds... I don't have a hitch with a drop though so I'm not sure my truck would be the best option either... but I could certainly give it a try :). Keep in mind though I haven't towed anything more then a tent trailer int he last few years... shouldn't be too hard though...

<

<

mattadams

Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
Longmont, CO
Year, Model & Trim Level
2017 Explorer Sport
ok, well I'm gonna be installing a K&N FIPK in the truck saturday but I don't expect it to take more then an hour or two,so I should be done by the afternoon/evening. How far are you towing it? I'd be happy to try and help :).

<

Join the Elite Explorers $20 Gets rid of the ads!

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create and save more private conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

<