Does anyone in Colorado have... | Page 2 | Ford Explorer - Ford Ranger Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free! Once registered you can join the Elite Explorers to eliminate ads from the website.

Does anyone in Colorado have...

mattadams

Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
Longmont, CO
Year, Model & Trim Level
2017 Explorer Sport
ahh ok, well give me a call 303-437-1275 sometime Saturday if you decide you do want my help :). That's my cell phone, if I dont pick up there try 303-797-6030.

Join the Elite Explorers $20 Get rid of the ads!
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!
. First register on the forum, then join the Elite Explorers to get rid of the ads!

rustytr

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Leadville, Colorado
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 Sport
Yeah bumpers aren't rated very high and the truck I'm pulling it down with will get the job done. It's my step dad's F-250, I think it's like a 94, but I'm not sure. Saturday afernoon or evening would be perfect for me, hmm, you think you could help me get the love seat up to my Apt.:D it's really lite. You can call me at my house at 303-948-5651, after 5 or at work 303-446-8400xt1291.

Heath

Elite Moderator Intoxicator
Elite Explorer
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
Rigby, ID
Year, Model & Trim Level
00 Excursion (THE BUS)
Hmmm.... Help you move a love seat...

Gee lemme see... You're willing to bring down a truck and trailer from Greeley to help me move a car from one end of the world to the other... Yeah I think I can help you move a love seat up to your apt...

Hey guys I have a question that I didn't really think about before... Apparently I'm trailering the car over there because it dosen't run... My question is this... How do we get that huge beast up on the trailer??? Anyone have a come-a-long or something we could use, or maybe even a winch (hint hint Matt)???

Anyway Troy when do you want to move the short couch up to your place???

I guess this means I'll have to put air in the front tires of the galaxie too huh...

mattadams

Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
Longmont, CO
Year, Model & Trim Level
2017 Explorer Sport
Re: Hmmm.... Help you move a love seat...

Originally posted by Heath
Gee lemme see... You're willing to bring down a truck and trailer from Greeley to help me move a car from one end of the world to the other... Yeah I think I can help you move a love seat up to your apt...

Hey guys I have a question that I didn't really think about before... Apparently I'm trailering the car over there because it dosen't run... My question is this... How do we get that huge beast up on the trailer??? Anyone have a come-a-long or something we could use, or maybe even a winch (hint hint Matt)???

Anyway Troy when do you want to move the short couch up to your place???

I guess this means I'll have to put air in the front tires of the galaxie too huh...

I've got a comealong AND a winch... the comealong would kind of be a pain... if you want me to bring my Explorer to use the winch I'll have to fix a few things on it first to make it driveable. LOL. let me know.

Heath

Elite Explorer
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
Rigby, ID
Year, Model & Trim Level
00 Excursion (THE BUS)
Even if you can just bring your come-a-long that would be great... At least we could get it up there... If you can show up maybe we can just push it up on the trailer... That would be three of us...

mattadams

Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
Longmont, CO
Year, Model & Trim Level
2017 Explorer Sport
Even if you can just bring your come-a-long that would be great... At least we could get it up there... If you can show up maybe we can just push it up on the trailer... That would be three of us...
yeah, I think pushing it up there wouldn't be too terribly difficult... depends on the degree of the ramp I suppose :). I'll see if I can find my come-along... we'll see if we can get it going :).

rustytr

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Leadville, Colorado
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 Sport
I think the trailer has that kind of stuff on it, and if not I know it's available for it because we use it all the time for our vehicles, but it never hurts to be prepared. The love seat will just be in the back of the truck, so maybe right before we get your car? It should only take about 5-10 minutes.

mattadams

Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
Longmont, CO
Year, Model & Trim Level
2017 Explorer Sport
What time does everyone want to get this done??? The earlier the better for me...

Heath, it depends on if I pick up the hardwood floors tomorrow or Sunday... and how big of packages they ship them in (I'm gonna have to carry em from the truck upstairs by myself, so it'll take a while longer if they put em in big-a$$ packages :). How early are you wanting to do it? I can't seem to find my come-along... but the three of us oughtta be able to get it... if not my truck has a push bar on the front with rubber pads in front of it... we can push it up on the trailer with the truck! :).

rustytr

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Leadville, Colorado
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 Sport
I'm gonna be a bit hungover if it's too early;) I'm going to the Rio with some friends up in Greeley tonight. I mean I can get up and roll on down here in the wee hours of the morn. I can call your cell phone Heath when I get to my place so we can get that "short couch" up to my apt. Then we can move the whole galaxy:D

Heath

Elite Explorer
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
Rigby, ID
Year, Model & Trim Level
00 Excursion (THE BUS)
Well I'd like to get started between 1-3 in the afternoon if thats okay with you guys... Hey Troy if you can't reach my try Tara's cell since mine's on the blink... It works if the battery's positioned right but thats only half the time... Tara's cell is 303 520-5300... If those times won't work for you let me know please...

rustytr

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Leadville, Colorado
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 Sport
That's perfect for me.

mattadams

Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
Longmont, CO
Year, Model & Trim Level
2017 Explorer Sport
Well I'd like to get started between 1-3 in the afternoon if thats okay with you guys... Hey Troy if you can't reach my try Tara's cell since mine's on the blink... It works if the battery's positioned right but thats only half the time... Tara's cell is 303 520-5300... If those times won't work for you let me know please...

if you do decide you need some help let me know... I should be around all day... my truck may be in the garage getting worked on, but the Explorer is driveable again.

Perry

Elite Explorer
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
Loveland Co.
Year, Model & Trim Level
1994 XLT
Hey Heath,
How did it go moving the car???
We got as close as 120th today, but it was around 4:00 P.M. so I was hoping you had it done already since it was snowing by then.
The ride home was fun, 25 and 35mph on the Interstate.
Had to get the Explorer out on a little road trip.

mattadams

Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
Longmont, CO
Year, Model & Trim Level
2017 Explorer Sport
Perry, sorry but we went to Hooters without ya... moving the car went smoothly :).

Perry

Elite Explorer
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
Loveland Co.
Year, Model & Trim Level
1994 XLT
Can't believe you would do something like that, and we were even in Denver tonight.
Just let us know next time.........................:)

mattadams

Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
Longmont, CO
Year, Model & Trim Level
2017 Explorer Sport
Originally posted by Perry
Can't believe you would do something like that, and we were even in Denver tonight.
Just let us know next time.........................:)

well it was kind of all of a sudden :). I've got plenty of wings left over though if you want some... Heath and I were gonna split a 50-piece, then he ate like 10 pieces and stopped! LOL. Don't worry if I know in advance I'm going to hooters, I'll always let you know :). Our waitress was kind of cute but really short (but not short enough... LOL), thats ok though...
I still say Troy is making up this great girlfriend of his... LOL

Perry

Elite Explorer
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
Loveland Co.
Year, Model & Trim Level
1994 XLT
O.K. as long as you invite us next time.
Ya, if you have one of those pretend girlfriends, they can be REALLYgood looking.
As for the waitress being short, sometimes short isn't all that bad even if you are 6'8" lol
As for the extra wings, you can go ahead and keep them, I'll just wait until next time.

rustytr

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Leadville, Colorado
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 Sport
I told you already she's not pretend she just needs a patch.LOL!

Join the Elite Explorers $20 Get rid of the ads!
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!
. First register on the forum, then join the Elite Explorers to get rid of the ads!

mattadams

Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
Longmont, CO
Year, Model & Trim Level
2017 Explorer Sport
Originally posted by rustytr
I told you already she's not pretend she just needs a patch.LOL!

LOL No I'm just giving you a hard time... I hope Heath got moved ok yesterday, I was gonna help him move the rest of his crap but I seriously had to get some studying done (and I'm not just making that up as an excuse either, I actually had to get some studying done!).