Does anyone know how to install an MTX THUNDERFORM? Or have intructions to install it | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Does anyone know how to install an MTX THUNDERFORM? Or have intructions to install it

MattStarr

Elite Explorer<br>ECX Member
Reaction score
City, State
St Petersburg, FL
Year, Model & Trim Level
99' EB Expedition
Hi. I am looking at the MTX THUNDERFORMS, but i dont know how much work is involved in installing it. If anyone has instructions on installing, or any suggestions, i would really appreciate it. thanks.

I just want the instructions, so i know whats invloved if i actually do go and purchase one.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

you search?

i couldnt find anything, thats why i posted it

Do you already have a sub amp? If not how are you going to run it? Aftermarket amp? Ever run an amp kit before? Do you know how to remove your rear panel? Have you ever hooked up car stereo equipment before?

It's not that hard really...I had no experience installing any audio equipment at all and I easily managed to take off rear panel and pop in the sub. Then its just a matter of drilling some holes and hooking up some wires. If you take your time...anyone can really do it. If you have any questions please ask!

Originally posted by LiKuiD
It's not that hard really...

No it's not that hard at all, but the degree of difficulty depends on your answers to those questions. What you have and how you want it hooked up is whats involved in installing one up.

I could let you know later, I'm thinking of picking one up later if my distributor has one.
Vic

In the past, I've had a car audio store always hook everything up. I already have an amp, so I'm just thinking to save some money I would hook it up, but I've never wired an amp before. I can remove the panels, the only I wouldnt be sure of is wiring the amp, and connecting it to the rear speakers.

MattStar,

I have my MTX Thunderform manual scanned into my computer. I have the MTX which cam complete with the Sub and Amp.

If you want I can e-mail it to you, it is only 5 jpeg images (about 200-300 kb file size each). It includes directions for removing the rear panel and wiring diagrams. Just give me your e-mail address if you want the manual.

Hey, my email address is SurferVaBeach@aol.com I would love to be able to see the manual.... I really appreciate it. Thanks

The Thunderform made for the X is smooth.

Just don't try to mount it too tight in place...I caused 2 dimples in the outer quarter on mine when the screw gun ran the screws in...

It sounds real good, but not as good as the Kicker I had in a box back there.

The perk is all the space you get back by not having a box back there.

Back