Does anyone make a 2.5 inch catback for SOHC Sports? | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Does anyone make a 2.5 inch catback for SOHC Sports?

i went to explorerexpress.com and bought the MAC catback for my four door the pipeing is 2-1/2 but the exhaust is quit loud im not gonna lie the do however have a catback for your sport so it my be worth a look

I would definitely consider a MAC but that one on their page is for an 01-03 Explorer Sport. The price is awesome too.

This one on the MAC page says 96-98, but it looks like it'll work on my rig. It doesn't list if it's 2.5" or not though, I've been meaning to call them.

http://www.macperformance.com/store/product1.cfm?SID=3&Product_ID=338

I wonder would Explorer Express carry that one...

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

exhaust

yeh they might you just have to call and ask but like i said man the MAC is kinda loud so i hope you dont mind a bunch of noise but i will tell you paired to a mac intake and sct x3...lots of balls my 4.0 blows my buddy 5.0 mounty out of the water and ive beaten a bunch of other cars and trucks too but im switching directions bigger tires mean slower speeds

It can't be louder than my LT1 TA with a cut-out in the exhaust, but then again even though she's loud - it's nice sounding loud lol

Is it just deeper at idle but really loud when you get on it? Or just loud all the time? On ym daily commute to work I don't hit WOT very often if at all most days.

I called and spoke to a MAC tech, really disappointed in the help there.

Especially the pot-shot comments he made about Explorers, he made sure to correct himself and call them Exploders, and kept calling them that throughout our conversation, then proceeded to say how they are the ******* child of ford and they basically just threw anything on them and that's why exhaust options are limited etc etc.

Granted I know alot of us on here call them Exploders etc, but I found it odd to get these sort of comments from a manufacturer - seemed unprofessional.

I hope to speak to someone at Explorer Express soon as this guy did provide one good piece of info in how he praised their knowledge of these vehicles.

Especially the pot-shot comments he made about Explorers, he made sure to correct himself and call them Exploders, and kept calling them that throughout our conversation, then proceeded to say how they are the ******* child of ford and they basically just threw anything on them and that's why exhaust options are limited etc etc.

Granted I know alot of us on here call them Exploders etc, but I found it odd to get these sort of comments from a manufacturer - seemed unprofessional.

I hope to speak to someone at Explorer Express soon as this guy did provide one good piece of info in how he praised their knowledge of these vehicles.

Well thats a bunch of bs...:thumbdwn: What ever happened to customer service!? I base a lot of my business anymore on how I get treated on the phone and how promptly, if at all, that they get back to me with information.

This is why I only shop at places with good customer service. And ******* child of ford? Hm. One of the best selling SUV's and it's a ******* child

Anyway, go to a shop and get yourself a custom exhaust done. Sounds like MAC is rolling in dough and doesn't need anymore business.

Walker Dynomax makes a 2.5" stainless steel tailpipe. Connect that to a muffler with a 2.5" outlet. Now marry up a system of y-pipes & straight pipes to your cats, or simply run the cats up to a dual in / single out muffler.

Let's assume that like my truck, your cats exit at 2.25". Run a 2.25" pipe from each cat, and connect those to a 2.25" dual inlet / 2.5" single outlet muffler. Then connect the Walker Dynomax tailpipe and you're set. You can fab up that whole system for around $200 worth of parts. It's up to you whether you want to have it welded up by a muffler shop, or connect everything with clamps.

wlk-46909_w.jpg

imm-88107_w.jpg

does anyone have a pic of this tail pipe on there truck?also does it run out the back or side behind the tire?

does anyone have a pic of this tail pipe on there truck?also does it run out the back or side behind the tire?

This is an OEM replacement. It runs in the same direction, and bends in the same places as your stock pipe. The only difference is that it is larger in diameter.

so that doesn't answer my question at all.i have never had a oe exhaust on here so i dont know where or how it runs.i have seen both on explorers,out the back and the side so.

I have the walker pipe on mine and it runs straight out the back and sticks down past the bumper.

Back