does anyone make lowering kit 02 mountaineer | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

does anyone make lowering kit 02 mountaineer

droid1101

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
02 mercury mountaineer
Does anyone make a kit for an 02 mountaineer?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I did I could only find explorer kits. I know there pretty much same. I have a lifted up Dodge and want to lower my mountaineer my mounty is the show queen so don't hate on me for lowering it lol.

Ground force and belltech. You won't get lower than two inches. Anything more will be custom. :) explorer and mounties are mechanicly identical. So .. yeah :)

Canuck motorsports makes a lowering kit too. The explorer and mountineer have the same suspension setup, so an explorer kit will work on your truck

King Springs are another option (Aussie based though).

Thanks guys I was only looking for about two inches just to fill in the gap of the 22s.

Aldaflip do you have any rubbing issues with the 24s? And did you replace the original shocks or did you keep them on? Think its better to have a shoo do it also?

droid1101 no rubbing issues at all with the 24's and I used stock shocks. If you dont have the correct tools in doing the project like heavy duty spring compressors and the usual ratchets with extensions and breaker bar, and open closed wrenches will be a headache of a job. Mine took awhile only because of the rear with no space really to use a ratchet just open closed wrenches, with no leverage to turn them.if you try it yourself be sure to spray down all parts of the suspension you are taking out with WD-40 cuz the top mounts of the shocks have a thread lock compound or plastice thread lock on the posts on top. If you have any more questions I will help you out as much as I can.

FYI
I bought the Canuck Motorsports springs. Fitment wasnt perfect. I had to trim the bushing a bit with a dremel for the fronts. They advertise 1.75/1.5 but I ended up with about 3.5 front and only 2inch in the rear. I actually had broken rear springs which promted the purchase. The rears actually went up 1 inch from the broken ones. The end result almost a year later with new struts and ball joints is a 2 inch rake. I either have to get the front raised or the rears cut to be level. Defenetly not happy with product...Having said that the quality was excellent and the ride is not too harsh.

I also have the Canuck springs, I bought them used from someone on this site. He cut the rear springs before I bought them. It sits pretty level, maybe a tad low in the rear, but once I do the v8 swap, I am hoping it will be level. The ride and handling are greatly improved. I had ordered a set of belltech springs, but they kept telling me they were on back order. Finally after 5 or 6 months, They said they were not sure if they were going to make them anymore. I was ready to order the ground force springs, but I found these used ones for super cheap. So I went that route.

431453_2931053109367_1031976429_n.jpg

Back